B.Unit: Tubular Running Services
Job Title: TDS Wellsite Supervisor
BU Segment: CS RSS TDS
This position has field and workshop responsibilities depending on company and customer requirements and workload. The position includes working for prolonged periods away from home that may include overseas. The Well Site Supervisor operates specialist equipment associated with the handing of OCTG in both offshore and onshore well construction at customer locations giving the crew direction and taking responsibility for the overall TRS operation on client’s location. Working closely with client, company and 3rd party technicians as part of a team, they have limited independent authority to provide quality, professional service and customer support by performing assigned TRS operations in accordance with company’s contractual obligations, operations procedures and company’s and customer’s Health, Safety & Environmental (HS&E) policies. The role may also include general repair and service of TRS related equipment at company’s and customers facilities. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her Manager.
ASSIGNING OF SPECIFIC JOB TITLE AND GRADE
The assigning of individuals TRS Job Grades will be done in accordance with Policy 01-1-ME-ME-TRS-00001 that outlines the grading structures for Tubular Running Services (“TRS”) maintenance job positions in Middle East and North Africa Region (“MENA”). Established minimum requirements for each respective position assists in the growth and development of the TRS Business Unit as well as that of the individual employee by taking into consideration:
- Experience and competence required for a particular job
- Nature and range of duties and acceptance of responsibility and accountability
Before a TRS Job Grade is assigned or an employee considered for promotion, a formal review against the minimum criteria will be performed by the line manager to gauge the employee’s suitability for the position.
Policy 01-1-ME-ME-TRS-00001 also details the corresponding Human Resources Job Code and other relevant data such as position job family data.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to Quality, Health, Safety and the Environment.
- Ensure compliance with company, and where appropriate Client’s, Quality, Health, Safety & Environment Policy and Safety Management Systems.
- Act in accordance with the Roles and Responsibilities as described in Document 01-1-ME-ME-TRS-00001 QHSE ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES – TRS MENA
- Human Resources Management
- Provide oversight and direction to the employees under their direct supervision in accordance with the organization's policies and procedures.
- Coach, mentor, and help develop staff.
- Encourage others and promote participation in TRS training and competence initiatives.
- Empower employees to take responsibility for their jobs and goals. Delegate responsibility appropriately and provide regular feedback.
- Foster a spirit of teamwork and unity throughout the organisation that allows for disagreement over ideas, conflict and expeditious conflict resolution, as well as cohesiveness, supportiveness, and working effectively together to enable each employee and the department to succeed.
- Lead employees to meet the organization's expectations for productivity, quality, and goals
- Whilst not compulsory, the position is encouraged to become a certified Competency Assessor and to actively engage in Competency Assessment.
- Essential Field Operations
- Responsible for all Overdrive activities.
- Follow up on Overdrive equipment maintenance, spare parts, Utilization.
- Responsible for Overdrive inventory and make sure it is managed effectively.
- Filling and proper traceability of all Overdrive equipment’s documents.
- Ensure the correct use of SOP & MIR as per OEPS released versions.
- Effectively manage Overdrive personnel (base daily tasks, trainings, jobs...etc.)
- Maintain comprehensive understanding of operation and maintenance requirements of TRS Manual Handling Equipment, Power Equipment, Bucking Units and Thread Monitoring Systems, Rig Systems Solutions Services and Total Depth Solutions Services as it applies to the assigned business segment.
- Housekeeping/maintenance duties in a safe manner as directed by supervisor.
- Responsible for the upkeep of own training and competency portfolio
- Responsible for own and crew’s compliance with company and Clients HSE policies whilst ensuring co-workers carry out work in safe manner.
- Actively participate in company's, Client & Rig Contractor Safety Programs
- Ensure all Job reporting forms are completed accurately and all Non Productive Time (NPT) incidents are accurately recorded and report to management.
- Participate in incident and accident investigations as required / requested.
- Report all hazards and unsafe acts
- Perform the functions of a Crew Chief as described by Company upon request.
- Attend and contribute at Client presentations / “Drilling the Well on Paper” (DWOP’s), HAZID meetings as requested.
- Participate in and supervise:
- the performance of function checks TRS Equipment against specified Work Instructions.
- the rig up, operation and rig down of TRS Equipment following Work Instructions and procedures.
- the service and maintenance of mechanical, hydraulic and electronic components of TRS equipment as applicable to business segment.
- Stabbing Operations.
- Essential Workshop Service Centre
- Active participation in workshop safety & toolbox meetings and contribute to workshop specific safety initiatives
- Active participation in incident investigation promoting swift and appropriate incident close outs
- Ensure all hazards, unsafe acts and non-conformances are accurately and promptly reported.
- Ensure third party compliance with company procedures
- Assist in the service, repair, maintenance and functional testing of mechanical, hydraulic and electronic components of TRS equipment as applicable to business segment.
- Ensure good standards of housekeeping practices in workshop and yard are maintained at all times.
- Responsible for complying with company's HSE policies whilst ensuring co-workers carry out work in safe manner.
- Additional Local Duties
- (Add any country / location specific Roles and Responsibilities)
- English Language: Has fully operational command of the spoken and written language with only occasional unsystematic inaccuracies and inappropriacies. Misunderstandings may occur in unfamiliar situations. Handles complex detailed argumentation well
- Computer literate and familiar with Microsoft Office software.
- Proficient in Company’s ERP system modules relevant to the role.
- Proficient in the application of Company’s OEPS Management Systems.
- Fast learner, results oriented and independent with strong interpersonal skills
- Possess strong customer service skills, i.e. listening, follow-through, willingness to help
- Ability to adapt positively to changes in policies, procedures, priorities or work environments
- Mechanical aptitude and basic understanding of hydraulic and mechanical / electronic systems
- Ability to logically trouble shoot issues
- Proficient with Computer Services and Functions (Web Based Software and Micro Soft Office)
- Ability to work within process, procedures and checklists
- Be assessed as “Competent” in accordance with the Company’s Competency Assessment Process requirements for the minimum Units of Competence relative for the position.
- Possess good presentation, analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to resolve complex issues
- English Language: Has fully operational command of the language: appropriate, accurate and fluent with complete understanding
- Good presentation, analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to assist in resolving complex issues
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Internationally recognized Degree Qualifications in Mechanical, Electronic, Petroleum engineering or relevant discipline
- Other Qualifications in Mechanical, Electronic or Petroleum engineering.
- External Qualifications in Hydraulic / Fluid Power, Fluid Flow and Fluid Diagrams
- External Qualifications in Electronic Circuitry, Electronic Diagrams, Electronic Hardware and Programmable Logic Control Systems
- External Qualifications in Maintenance Programs
- External Qualifications in Quality Management Programs
- Trade Qualification in Mechanical or Electronic applications.
- Minimum 36 months experience related to the assigned TRS BU business segment.
- Minimum 4 years related working experience in Tubular Running Services.
- Minimum of 4 years related working experience.
- Passport Eligibility
- The role may require periodic travel to fulfil the role requirements. This travel may be planned or as a result of an unplanned event requiring urgent travel.
- Certified Company Competency Assessor
- Trained in TapRoot incident investigation.
- Local driving license
- Forklift / Rigging / Crane Dogman Certifications
- First Aid / Fire Fighting Certifications