Title: Process Control System Engineer
Location: Houston, Tx
BASIC FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Makes decisions and recommendations that are recognized as authoritative and have a far reaching impact on extensive engineering and related activities of the Company.
- Recognized leader and authority in the company in a broad area of specialization or in a narrow but intensely specialized field.
- Negotiates critical and controversial issues with top level engineers and officers of other organizations and companies.
- Continually upgrades technical knowledge and capabilities.
- Plans the work of engineers in programs of critical importance to the Company.
- Works with business development personnel on client proposals.
- Functions as Lead Engineer on Major Projects
- Organizes work to comply with project requirements.
- Coordinates with other departments.
- Prepares and updates the Department Design Basis for projects
- Prepares material requisitions and technical input to subcontract packages.
- Maintains a copy of the relevant sections of the project estimate and generates change notices.
- Assigns all engineering work including checking of calculations; reviews engineering sketches.
- Checks drawings for conformity with design requirements.
- Stamps drawings as required.
- Ensures that drawing recheck is performed.
- Reviews other disciplines and vendor print inter-squad drawings.
- Assigns engineer to review drawings.
- Reviews and helps update drawing schedule. Makes forecasts.
- Keeps Manager informed of any changes in staffing requirements.
- Saves original calculations for Department/Project files.
- Through lessons learned on projects, provides input for continuous improvement.
- Develops standard specifications and design standards.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering - Electrical, Chemical, Mechanical.
- Licensed Professional Engineer (preferred).
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- 15 plus years of experience.
- SPI/INtools proficient.
- Process Control Systems Engineering Lead in the Oil & Gas Industry on major projects
- Specifying and procurement of Instrumentation. Analyzers systems a plus.
- Solid knowledge of ISA, API, API-14C, IEC standards.
- Experience with complete engineering, design, specification, procurement and testing of DCS/SIS/Fire and Gas systems, control systems revamps and safety requirement specifications.
- Experience as Lead Engineer or Lead Control Systems Engineer