We are looking for an experienced Investment Professional/Asset Manager with a focus on real estate and hospitality to oversee and manage the real estate and hospitality business a holding company and its subsidiaries and related companies. The candidate will have real estate & hospitality operational/investment hands-on experience. The candidate will oversee and monitor operations of our facilities and coordinate strategic planning to help achieve the required growth. The candidate must have experience in handling hotel operators and facility management service providers. The candidate will have a strategic responsibility to grow the real estate and hospitality business sector while being able to attend to operational and investment details. The right candidate should be a leader and problem solver with excellent communication and organizational skills.
Roles and Responsibilities
The Investment Professional/Asset Manager should be able to operate in both hands-on and oversight situations. At the Holding company level, the Investment Professional/Asset Manager will be responsible to follow up, monitor and manage performance of subsidiary and related companies with focus on growing the business portfolio in a sustainable manner. Occasionally, the Investment Professional/Asset Manager may be required to directly get involved in managing facilities. Typical responsibilities include:
- In partnership with Chief Investment Officer (CIO), the Investment Professional/Asset Manager will develop creative strategies that increase the profitability of the Holding groups real estate and hospitality businesses inside and outside Qatar.
- Ensure the accurate implementation of the set strategy within the predefined timeline.
- Recommend new investment opportunities for both reality and hospitality fields within the local and international business presence.
- Conducts ongoing research of the hotel and real estate industry and remain up to date with all national and international market trends.
- Officially communicate forecasted risks to the senior management and work on developing mitigation plans to overcome any possible losses caused by the market situation.
- Identify, develop and manage relationship of a portfolio of key account clients in real estate and hospitality business.
- Build a wide network of connections with decision makers in international and local investment resources and business support to maximize hospitality and reality sector in/out Qatar.
- Oversee and analyse the business performance of the Holding companies subsidiaries and related companies and suggest business re-engineering and restructure whenever needed.
- Ensure all financial and business-related goals are met within the set budget and time frame.
- To have a real estate and hospitality management approach on the current portfolio holdings and to conduct budget reviews of the assets, managers, etc.
- Represent the holding company at meetings and public events on the regional, national and international level.
Skills & Qualifications
- Proven experience as Hospitality & Real Estate Manager.
- Hands-on experience in operations and investment.
- Solid understanding of hospitality procedures and best practices.
- Knowledge of quality standards (e.g. ISO).
- Proficient in MS Office and relevant software (e.g. ERP).
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
- Outstanding communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Problem-solving aptitude.
- Reliability and stamina are essential in this role.
- You will also need excellent numerical, verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of foreign languages can be an advantage.
- Strong customer service, analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Math and project management skills, such as teambuilding and scheduling, are important for this role.
- The ability to work both independently and in teams is imperative.
- BSc/BA in hospitality management.