Job Description NES Global Talent has partnered with international oilfield service companies to source the top talent available in the Saudi Arabian and International markets. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and our relationships with industry leaders. This ensures the best possible fit for long-term success.
Currently Saudi Arabia’s Oil and Gas industry is in an exciting growth phase with 2019 through 2020 set to be an excellent time for skilled workers to join and re-join the sector. As such we are now seeking an experienced Mechanical Engineer to fulfill a contract position in the Eastern Province of Saudi Arabia.
The successful candidate will provide overall technical support in all cost/estimating related matters, acting as a subject matter expert, and coordinate cost/estimating engineering activities as a member of an Integrated Project Team (IPT). Candidate shall be able to prepare, review and endorse Cost Estimates of different levels of accuracy depending on the maturity of project definition during the various stages of the project life. These functions are related to the estimated cost of project activities in support of the Upstream Capital Projects.
- A bachelor degree in mechanical or chemical engineering from a recognized and approved university program.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of work experience in estimating and constructing major oil and gas facilities. Alternate, an engineering degree with ten (10) years of experience in estimating including at least 5 years in preparing cost estimates for oil and gas projects.
- Must be familiar with construction practices, materials, and equipment. Candidate must have been working as an Estimating Engineer and have proven experience with computer-estimating programs such as Aspentech CEE (Capital Cost Estimator), Timberline, etc.
- Must be familiar with estimate databases such as Means, Richardson and others. Must have the ability to communicate fluently in both spoken and written English. Saudi Aramco and International experience is highly desirable.
Estimating Engineer role involves developing multidisciplinary conceptual and definitive cost estimates for oil and gas projects, which include Upstream facilities, such as gas plants, cross-country pipelines, upgrades of aforementioned.
- Provides overall estimating technical expertise in support of Oil and Gas Capital Projects.
- Acts as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in resolving cost estimating issues while supporting Capital Projects.
- Analyzes and evaluates commercial and technical proposals submitted by contractors.
- Discusses, coordinates, and resolves estimating problems with personnel throughout the Company and with contractor organizations.
- Prepares multidisciplinary conceptual and definitive cost estimates for Capital Projects.
- Mentors and supports the review of cost estimates prepared by Project, Plant Engineers to ensure accuracy, completeness, and compliance with the scope of work.
- Assists IPT and contracting personnel with Contract Pro-Forma Schedule development, Bid Review Program review, review Hypothetical Quantities, bid analyses, contract negotiations, Change Orders (CO) development process, CO Negotiation Strategy, CO negotiations.
- Participates in the analysis of major capital projects to plan the most cost effective executions in light of experience and current industry practices.
- Perform complete analyses and cost validations using internal and external benchmarking data, historical indices, and component benchmarking.
- Utilize computer-estimating applications and another solutions in support of developing cost estimates to different levels of accuracy.