Job DescriptionPosition Title: Piping Engineer
Purpose of Position:
This position is responsible for developing piping system designs that meet code, contract and schedule requirements for Gas Turbine power projects in the Americas.
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
- Create technical inquiry specifications and perform technical bid evaluation for purchasing piping commodities. This not just preparing BOM but to developed additional technical requirements for the commodities. The candidate should have past experience in the following areas as a minimum:
- Piping spools
- Piping hardware (Bolts and gaskets)
- Interpret and respond to piping technical inquiries (RFIs) from customers, vendors and field personnel with minimal to moderate supervision.
- Full understanding of piping components (e.g. fittings, flanges)
- Prepare piping component lists (valve list, specialty component list, and etc.) using P&IDs and reports out of 3D models.
- Multi-tasking capability and great communication skills.
- Ability to review project contracts, schedules, and requirements in detail to determine piping requirements, deliverables, and deadlines.
- Ability to understand and review isometrics against P&IDs and equipment drawings with minimum supervision.
Desirable But Not Required:
- General Knowledge of 3D modeling software packages
- Familiarity with welding and NDE processes.
- General understanding of pipe stress analysis and pipe supports.
- General knowledge of materials.
- Understand and interoperate ASME B31.1 or B31.3 Codes.
Ø Education / Experience Requirements: Bachelor Degree in Engineering. Minimum ten (10) years of directly related technical experience.