Job DescriptionContracts Administrator
Our client, a large oil and gas company, is currently seeking 3 Contract Administrators in Calgary, AB.
Target Start Date: ASAP
Summary: The main function of a contract administrator is to support capital project procurement process including developing and executing bids, evaluations, negotiations, contracting and ongoing administration.
- Develop and conduct bid and/or request for proposals to supply market, evaluate bids and support supplier selection decisions and award recommendations;
- Conduct and/or support supplier negotiations and resulting contract development
- Support development of procurement and contracting strategies to support capital project procurement
- Execute post award contract administration responsibilities including managing change requests, preparing change orders, associated decision documents and approvals
- Monitor contract commitment and spend value, address and resolve purchase order and/or invoicing issues as required.
- Monitor shipments to ensure that goods come in on time and resolve problems related to undelivered goods
MUST HAVE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, negotiation skills and interpersonal skills
- Ability to analyze proposals, supplier submittals and other technical data
- Ability to accurately document and record customer, supplier and contract related information
- Knowledge of contracting, procurement and supply chain management principles
- Knowledge of applicable laws and regulations related to purchasing
- Previous experience with computer applications, such as Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Undergrad degree in a related business field
- 0-2 years procurement related experience required.
NICE to HAVE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Oil&Gas experience will be an asset
- Experience with ARIBA and SAP will be an asset