Job DescriptionJob Title – Global Project Manager
Job Location – Houston, TX or remote
Job Type – Permanent, Full- Time
NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the Oil & Gas Industry. Our client, a growing Chemicals Manufacturer, has a permanent opportunity for a Global Project Manager to support the global projects group out of Houston, TX or near any of the client’s manufacturing sites in the Unites States.
To manage large capital projects from project initiation through commissioning and startup. To identify and develop the project requirements and then develop the project scope and plan to meet those requirements. Lead cross-functional teams, applying project management knowledge, skills, and tools in support of larger sized capital projects ($10MM to $100MM). This is a global position and can be remote.
- Lead the project team
- Focal point of accountability for project success
- Align with key stakeholders to identify project requirements to meet defined business needs
- Communicate with stakeholders, including senior leadership, on the direction of the project
- Develop and manage the project scope and project management plan
- Champion the project change management process
- Develop bid packages and technically evaluate bid proposals
- Evaluate and endorse project cost estimates, cost control reports, and project schedules
- Monitor and control contractor performance
- Support the development and management of the procurement plan and expediting plan
- Develop and implement a project risk management plan
- Project Management skills through all phases of the project lifecycle
- Broad / practical knowledge of Project Management methodologies, contracting strategies, best practices, and tools.
- Multi-disciplinary knowledge including process engineering, process safety, civil-structural, piping, mechanical, electrical, instrumentation / analyzers, process automation, SH&E, and construction management.
- Proficient with project controls processes (e.g., estimating, controlling cost, managing change, measuring progress, planning-scheduling, reporting)
- Proficient with ERP software
- Proficient with contract management
- Technical knowledge and leadership of the installation of manufacturing systems, processes and equipment.
- BSc University Degree – Engineering (Chemical, Mechanical, or Civil preferred). Advanced degree in business or engineering management preferred.
- Experience with a formal Project Management methodology required and formal PM certification preferred (e.g., PMP or company-specific equivalent)
- 10+ years in chemical or energy industry
- 5+ years as a Project Manager assigned to mid-sized capital projects >$20MM, ideal range $5 - 100MM project range.
- International project management experience preferred.
- Ability to travel 50% + globally without restrictions
This is an excellent opportunity to become part of a fast growing Chemicals Manufacturer who is driving forward increasingly specialized and innovative solutions. The successful applicant will receive a competitive compensation package including annual bonus, matching 401K, comprehensive benefits, medical coverage, paid vacation, and more. Candidate must have ability to work in the US without sponsorship or relocation.