Turnaround Sr. Scheduler
Reports To: (position)
Turnaround Planning & Scheduling Lead
Responsible for the day to day deliverables and development of a TAR Event schedule, or Event Cluster of schedules. Works closely with the integrated TAR Team to develop, review, track and report on current TAR status from its creation until such time as the TAR event has been completed. Significant and increasing responsibility in a mechanical craft or electrical/instrumentation (7-10 years). Previous experience in a work planning position. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications such as Word and Excel. Familiarity with Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS)/SAP systems.
Essential Functions / Key Accountabilities
- Accountable to deliver accurate, resource loaded schedules and reports to the TAR Teams, Operations and all levels of site leadership.
- Employs a comprehensive understanding of the sequencing and prioritizing of tasks associated with maintenance of refinery equipment and construction related activities combined with expert knowledge and proven competency in the use and application of Primavera software.
- Responsible to create TAR schedules per the Turnaround Scheduling Guideline.
- Accountable to lead TAR Optimization Meetings with TAR Execution Team, Operations, Inspection and Contractors.
- Accountable to produce S-Curves, Earned Value Date, and Critical Path Analysis daily for Performance Meetings.
- Responsible to provide technical schedule advice to aid TAR Teams and site Leadership Team in their decision making processes.
- Accountable for producing schedule lookaheads each shift.
- Accountable for updating progress each shift.
- Accountable to deliver the Turnaround Common Process milestones with successful on time completion related to scheduling activities.
- Responsible for capturing lessons learned in the final close-out report.
- Contributor to the TAR Continuous Improvement plan by identifying areas of improvement in the scheduling process.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum 10 years Oil and Gas Turnaround Scheduling experience required. Electrical and Mechanical experience.
Required Skills / Competencies
- Required to have 10 years scheduling experience using SAP or later versions.
- Required to have knowledge of schedule leveling by resource, priority, critical equipment, etc.
- Required to have knowledge of Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Must have strong communication skills and works well within a team environment.
- Knowledge of turnaround methodology
- Detailed knowledge of planning
- Work control, monitoring and measurement systems
- Quality awareness systems
- Knowledge of CoW systems
- Knowledge of HSE standards