Job DescriptionNES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our highly valued client, has an opportunity for an Instrumentation Maintenance Technician for a 1 year contract in Lloydminster, Macklin or Kerrobert, Saskatchewan.
This position is responsible for maintaining, identifying, evaluating, estimating and executing instrumentation tasks and ensuring corporate standards and procedures are being followed. This position will work closely with Facility Engineers and Production Operations staff.
Core Areas of Responsibility:
- Conduct instrumentation evaluation and troubleshooting for electrical, pneumatic, electronic as well as programmable logic control (PLC) systems.
- Have a good understanding of PLC systems and assist Automation Technicians when required.
- Perform with Maintenance Planner as scheduled work load, prioritization and delegation to contractor support. CORE maintenance system management and maintaining equipment asset records (regulator, maintainable & trackable equipment)
- Conduct tasks related with maintenance and operations team, reactive work completion
- Develop and execute preventative maintenance programs, PM Work Order tasks and completion.
- Ensure to commission instrumentation effective following with repair and replacement.
- Involve in evaluation of instrument performance to identify optimization and enhancement opportunity.
- Knowledgeable in Directive PNG017 and measurement compliance requirements regulated by ECON
- Support design, implementation and commissioning of new facilities as required.
- Support MOCs and small project relative to instrumentation changes (define scope, create proposal and options, prepare and test changes, implement approved changes)
- Support HAZOP reviews and Factory Acceptance Tests.
- Assist with project planning, supervision of contractors and crews when required (facility turn arounds).
- Evaluate all sites for critical spares; recommend opportunities to management for review
- Provide mentorship, training, guidance for operations, 3rd party contractors and maintenance personnel.
- Ensure industry (ISA, CSA, API) and corporate standards are followed and maintained on all installations.
- Diploma in Instrumentation Journeyman
- Experience with various instrumentation, process control and process safety devices.
- Experience with instrumentation control system in oil and gas production processes
- Understanding of PLC, HMI and communication systems operating instrumentation devices for safe operation and control of processes
- PID loop control and valve tuning
- Ability to interpret PFD’s, PID’s and electrical panel drawings as required
- Proficient in Microsoft office suite of programs and various programming software and diagnostic tools.
- Strong trouble shooting and problem solving ability