Working for an international Oil Field Services Company in Rumaila, Iraq you would be a full time permanent employee working on rotation.
This role requires the Day Drilling Supervisor to direct and control all operational functions of rig(s) under their supervision: including safety, drilling, moving, logistics (material + personnel) and maintenance; coordinate all phases of the rig’s operations in a safe, effective and efficient manner, including management of sub contractors services at the rig side. To work closely with the Client’s Representative to ensure that our Clients’ operational requirements are accomplished safely and efficiently.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Financial Responsibilities :
- Establish a cost conscious planning effort by frequently analysing cost.
- Determine means of improving efficiency and reducing costs where possible, investigate and take corrective action when required.
- Assists in planning and coordinating major budget items and repairs to minimize downtime and provide cost effective means of maintaining company’s equipment to the highest standards and contractual requirements.
- Ensures that spares and consumables usage is kept under reasonable control without affecting the efficiency of the operations or the quality of the maintenance..
QHSE Responsibilities :
- To lead through effective safety leadership by being personally responsible for administration and Implementation of the QHSE Management System.
- To ensure a safe working environment without harm to persons or the environment.
- To address QHSE issues at the time of their identification and ensure timely and accurate communication of events to line management.
- Ensure compliance with company HSE policies by all personnel, support personnel to take time out for safety, when necessary.
- Ensure Waste Management Plan is adhered to.
- Ensure that the Permit To Work system and other HSE management tools are used correctly.
- Actively lead and participate in safety discussions, safety drills and inspections. Maintain record keeping of these activities.
- Operate the drilling unit in accordance with safe well control practices, company policies / procedures and with local regulatory requirements.
- Gives technical advice support and information to operation whenever required or deemed necessary by operations or client.
- Manage and oversee the utilization of resources, equipment and personnel to minimize NPT.
- Operate in such a manner which results in achieving the operating plan and objectives including but not limited to safety, uptime, WCD’ operating expectation, Client drilling curve, rig budget, manpower turnover and rig appearance/housekeeping.
- Ensure well programs, schedules are well known to the Drilling crew and adequate written instruction is given.
- Has to prepare in liaison with the Base Manager the planning of the rig repairs when required.
People Management :
- To take responsibility for overall staff to secure a motivated, disciplined and productive workforce, especially to be a good listener and reserve time to give feedback.
- Appraise senior subordinates annually and on a constant rolling feedback basis. Drive appraisal process throughout the unit to formalize performance management.
- To encourage personal development for succession planning through the organization.
- Provide supervision to all personnel to ensure a safe and professional level of performance and stays current with changes in industry technology.
- Ensure that training programs are maintained in line with training matrix.
- Recommend competency based promotions, salary changes, transfers, disciplinary measures where identified.
Business Planning / Continuous Improvement / Organization Efficiency :
- Conducts pre-tour meetings with rig crews to communicate daily objectives, special instructions, safety precautions and training activities as required and anticipate/correct any problem.
- Review all Operational/Technical bulletins, communicate pertinent points to crew members and implement all directives as required.
- Take leading role in daily operational meeting to present rig operation performance.
- Assist Management in initiating, monitoring and recording all maintenance and repairs work in collaboration with Maintenance Department.
- In liaison with Rig Sup initiate modification to any procedure if deemed necessary with use of Management of Change and/or in cooperation with support function and final Head office approval.
- Plan operational needs, organize equipment and supplies, conduct testing of critical equipment/systems as required, pre-inspect safety related issues and direct crews for operations.
- Supporting, promoting and actively participating in the Company’s CAP (Competency Assurance Program) process.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- Fluent written and spoken Arabic and English
- A valid IWCF or Wellcap Well Control Certificate, Supervisory level + all courses applying to the function as per Training Matrix
- Technical school degree
- Min 8 years relevant experience in land drilling field with a minimum 3 years as NTP
- More than 4 years experience in Southern Iraq
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITY
- Able to demonstrate excellent budgetary control experience and cost awareness
- Understanding of critically of service quality to business growth
- Demonstrate excellent safety leadership
- Understand need of planning ahead and proactive activities
- Be knowledgeable of all safety policies and procedures that pertain to your area of responsibility including fire fighting, emergency equipment, life saving equipment and emergency response
- Effective people management skills, able to lead team under pressure
- Financial and commercial skills
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels assist in effective management of personnel and operations
- Ability to build customer relationships