Job DescriptionRole: Senior Riser Engineer
Location: Sunbury, Surrey
Duration: 12 months with extension
Requirements: UK/EU Passport holders only
The Snr. Riser Engineer will be responsible for the review and over-sight of the Riser Engineering carried out by the EPCI contractor. They will work in close collaboration with the Contractor’s riser team to deliver a safe and robust design.
- Responsible for ensuring the contractor delivers the engineering of the detailed design riser scope to meet project schedule and delivering a safe, competitive and cost-effective riser system
- Provide technical expertise for technical aspects of the Project Phase 1 riser scope.
- Support performance management of the EPCI Contractor.
- Responsible for defining and delivering the appropriate riser verification scope to provide assurance and verification of the contractor’s design.
- Interface with other engineering teams to ensure an integrated Design.
Essential education A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or the equivalent
Essential experience and job requirements
- Must have deep experience / expertise in complex engineering studies for dynamic riser, flexible pipe and fluid-structure-interaction analysis.
- Must have in depth knowledge of riser and pipeline industry codes and standards.
- Must have strong skills in analytical modelling techniques.
- Must have experience of supervising work in a Contractor’s Design Office
- Must have experience in engineering project delivery.
- Must have strong interpersonal, communication and influencing skills
- Must have strong planning and organizing ability
Desirable criteria & qualifications
- Chartership or Professional Engineering Status
- Experience in interacting with international teams
- Knowledge of the following discipline areas:
- floating systems motions analysis
- wave hydrodynamics
- basin/flume model testing
- vortex induced vibration modelling
- materials engineering for dynamic risers and flexible pipes