POSITION TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
LOCATION: Cedar Rapids, IA
NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas industry. Our client, a fast growing Engineering company, is looking to hire a Senior Process Engineer for a permanent position based in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Arranges for delivery of natural gas to our customers on a daily basis.
- Communicate with producers on a daily basis to make sure nominations into transmission pipelines for the next day are accurate
- Enter all pertinent nomination data
- Managed planned daily flows into multiple transmission pipelines
- Works with gas marketing personnel to ensure that imbalances are minimized by communicating in a timely manner when problems arise.
- Manage imbalances
- Work on protocols for outside contractors for various situations in which gas is not flowing at the nominated rate
- Work closely with plant operators to manage the flow of gas into transmission pipelines
- Provide instructions and lead in resolving any flow disruptions which outside contractors are not able to manage
- Ensures that all gas purchases have an applicable delivery point and that all gas sold has an applicable supply point.
- Reviews the efficiency of the nomination and accounting activities to ensure that those functions are run in the optimal manner.
- Develops and cultivates favorable relationships with gas purchasers, producers and suppliers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business, Math or related field desired
- 5+ years Microsoft Excel
- Analytical background, ability to analyze numbers and perform calculations
- Experience working in the field and O&G Upstream or Midstream industry highly desirable
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work 40+ hours a week as required
- Must have authorization to work in the US without ongoing sponsorship
This is an excellent opportunity to become part one of the world’s leading EPC Company, who is driving forward increasingly specialized and innovative solutions. The successful applicant will receive a competitive compensation package with medical benefits, matching 401K, PTO, life insurance, and more. For further information regarding this role or to discuss other opportunities contact Dharani “Dot” Saiz.