Job DescriptionRole title: Buyer
The Buyer role is expected to support the RtP activity supporting the Corporate and Chemicals stakeholders. The individual is responsible for collaborating with various levels of stakeholders to process requests and resolve issues in a timely manner. This individual will work with a team of Req Techs and Buyers to efficiently process material and service requisitions and purchase orders. The role will be responsible for meeing all performance metrics, problem solving, conflict resolution and escalation to support the team. This role will also be responsible for maintaining and reporting performance metrics, data analytics to drive continuous improvement especially in the areas of automation and/or payment on time delivery. Roles and Responsibilities This individual is responsible for overseeing the following key responsibilities:
- Purchasing materials and services for assigned areas in accordance with the policies and procedures of the organization.
- Identifying key purchasing criteria for each material or service being procured. Conferring with suppliers to determine factors that affect price and availability.
- Receiving and reviewing purchase requisitions for completeness and proper level of approval. Issuing and tracks purchase commitments to ensure timely delivery and acceptable performance by suppliers.
- In addition this position will be tasked with the following responsibilities: Create purchase orders, within the approval process; release material from established Blanket Purchase Orders; process Consignment purchase orders as required; expedite materials as needed to meet the production of planned projects; coordinate material requirements to satisfy customer requested ship dates; review requisitions utilizing approved specifications, prepare and receive quotes for material required in specific projects, and the creation of purchase order for said material; coordinate return authorization for warranty materials; track drop shipments daily, and receive as required.
- Utilizing practices such as RF(x), bid analysis, and direct negotiations to ensure maximum value for expenditures.
- Supporting the development of project estimates by obtain estimates of price and availability for materials and services. Maintaining current pricing information in identified systems.
- Managing data, identify stock numbers, record inventories, and creates new stock records. Using tracking system to maintain inventory and financial information, and generating documents needed to receive, issue, transport, expend, and track material.
- Qualifying or pre-qualifying contractors to assurance capabilities in areas such as safety and health, financial well-being (e.g. bonding capability), labor and equipment rates, employment/resource levels, licenses, reference checks and background check policy implementation. Developing approved contractors lists, maintain sub-contractor lists, and work with end users in scope development as appropriate
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- High School diploma or equivalent with 1-3 years’ experience as a Buyer/Planner or related experience.
- Supervisory Experience
- Preferred SkillsDemonstrate a high degree of business acumen
- Experience in SAP Procurement functional transactions and processes
- Ability to work with and communicate with all levels of the organization
- Strong Analytic and problem-solving skills including root cause analysis
- Ability to focus on meeting operational needs with low error processing of repetitive transactions
- Business Processes (Proficient)
- Collaboration (Proficient)
- Compliance (Proficient)
- Planning & Organizing (Proficient)
- Purchase to Pay (Proficient)
- Relationship Management (Proficient)
- Stakeholder Engagement (Proficient)
- Sourcing (Proficient)