Job DescriptionGreat opportunity for experienced Quantity Surveyors.
My client, a large manufacturer of Building Products with sites throughout the UK are looking for 2 Quantity Surveyors / Senior Quantity Surveyors to join their team on a permanent basis.
Through effective contract management and negotiation, the Quantity Surveyors will be able to maximise profit while minimising company risk.
- To Attend the necessary pre-contract meetings
- To prepare and value interim applications as well as final accounts
- Sub-contract and sub-sub-contract management, including negotiation, administration and preparation of payment.
- To negotiate / resolve contract disputes
- Cash flow forecasting
- Management of credit risks
- Work In Progress reporting and making provisions for any risk areas
In addition to the below essentials, it would be desireable for the candidate to have a BSc (Hons 2.1) in Quantity surveying or other similar qualification. Experience in Precast Concrete would also be an advantage.
- Sound knowledge of contract law in construction
- Experienced in contract negotiation
- Contract and Sub-contract administration experience
- Dispute and claims resolution skills
- Commercially aware
- Strong organization and time management skills
- IT literate and proficient in using Microsoft Office (particularly Excel)
- Able to work under own initiative
- Valid driving license
- Current CSCS card