Job Title : Coiled Tubing Operator
Reports to : Senior Coiled Tubing Operator
Section : Stimulation & CT
Group : Coiled Tubing
Job Purpose & Scope:
Carry out a variety of skilled activities related to operations of coiled tubing equipment on assigned well site. Key job roles include running in-hole coiled tubing string in accordance with well program, preparing equipment and securing well head equipment, maintaining CT operations safe and within given parameters to avoid breakage or interruption. Carries our routine maintenance on assigned equipment and report any malfunction thereon, observe field services procedures and implements as approved by Company management.
- Budget (Operating / Capital): NA
- No. of Subordinates: None
Other: As per DOA
- Prepare for assembles equipment for installation and service in well sites and fields.
- Operate coiled tubing equipment and run in-hole CT along well perforation to clean up bore and flow assigned well. Includes rigging up equipment and secure well head with CT equipment, receiving well program from supervisor indicating agreed limits of operations parameters and operates equipment accordingly.
- Follow instructions for spotting equipment on location
- Perform pre/post job equipment inspections. Specifically, perform pre-trip vehicular inspections
- Monitor well control parameters and calculations before and during job applications.
- Respond to changing operational needs by controlling running speed and/or pumping modes.
- Ensure strict adherence to Company and client QHSE and loss preventions rules and regulations.
- Follow up the execution of CT program. Include understanding the well map, calculating the string weight and determine maximum tension, to ensure maintenance and continuity of safe and timely CT operations within given parameters.
- Understand the effects of differential pressures on the performance of down-hole equipment, and carry out simple failure analysis.
- Witness and participate in pressure and other functional testing of CT equipment.
- Carry out simple and routine maintenance on the CT equipment including cleaning, toping oil and other fluids.
- Prepare equipment for the next job.
- Maintain vigil of equipment operating parameters and reports malfunction that requires immediate attention to Supervisor.
- Perform pre/post job Coiled Tubing equipment inspections. Responsible for safe crane and rigging operations during the delivery of services in accordance with Customer's design and departmental KPI's.
- Maintain clear and complete records of all activities performed at all times for inclusion in the job report package to the Supervisor.
- Follow up and document job safety analysis and ensures that job safety analysis is witnessed by the client safety representative.
- Carry out other similar or related duties such as rigging up and rigging down equipment at the beginning and completion of assignments, following up on operations in the absence of the Supervisor, etc.
Responsible for pulling bulk equipment to be loaded and used at wellsite.
- Load bulk chemicals for assigned jobs.
- Blend and mix bulk materials to be delivered to the well site on time and as per the programmed design.
- Coordinate the bulk product's movement to and from the district with the OM's and Logistics.
- Ensure all activities at the Bulk plant are carried out in a safe manner following company policies.
- Perform an inventory count on a monthly basis and ensure all paper work is completed properly on a daily basis for goods received and goods shipped.
- Ensure to be competent in fork lift safe driving and loading as per company policies.
- Ensure all additives are properly labelled and stored in a safe manner and that all empty drums and pails are disposed of in the proper manner.
- Perform a daily check of bulk plant equipment and maintain all equipment to ensure the bulk plant is working in good and safe operational manner.
- Assist the cementing coordinator to maintain cementing equipment and readiness at the base.
- Environmental compliance with regulations and minimize any impact of spills.
- Plans and ensures emergency preparedness and response training is in place and practiced
- Strive for continuous improvement in all areas with major focus on Environmental and product Quality
- Train new operators on running & maintaining the Bulk Plant.
- Other tasks assigned by the assigned supervisor.
- Maintain standards of safety and comply with Company’s Health, Safety and Environment Management System requirements.
- Understand and adhere to all safety regulations and applicable Companies QHSE Policies.
- Observe the Company’s QHSE policy, procedures, regulations and objectives as they relate to his area of responsibility and ensure that they are effectively implemented in his domain.
- Participate in QHSE meetings, on site audits and inspections & ensure close out reports for all points closed
- Report any near-misses, incidents and accidents promptly.
- Ensure maintenance and availability of all safety equipment.
- Practice good housekeeping.
- Follow and maintain Company standards of Quality in accordance with Company Quality System requirements.
Organizational Relationships (Work Contacts):
- Daily contact with Senior CT Operator to receive work directions.
- Frequent contact with personnel from other sections for support and co-ordination of activities.
Independence of Operations and Decision-making Authority:
- Work is carried out in accordance with Company policies and professional standards and as per the contractual terms and conditions.
- Takes initiative in case of emergency and keeps supervisor advised of work progress.
- Completed work is reviewed by immediate supervisor.
90% Lifting, maneuvering and carrying equipment, tools and materials.
100%: Spent at site locations, where duties are performed in hazardous working environment, with constant exposure to prevailing weather conditions of heat, humidity, noise, fumes, vibration, grease and dirt. Potential H2S hazard.
- Completion of Secondary (12 years) education followed by 2 years' full time study leading to an Industrial Diploma complemented with short training courses related to coiled tubing operations.
- 3 years of hands-on experience in coiled tubing operation with a renowned international company.
- Excellent practical knowledge of coiled tubing operations. Must be able to independently carry out CT operations safely and precisely.
- Must have excellent HSE awareness with regard to oil/gas field hazards.
- Good computer knowledge.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.