Location: Sunbury, UK
Duration: 12 Months + Extension
Rate: £430/day Ltd Co
Requirements: UK/EU Passport Holders, Right to work in UK
The Pipeline Engineer will report to the Subsea Engineering Team Leader and be a member of the Project Subsea Engineering team.
The Pipeline Engineer will be responsible for the engineering of the pipeline systems. The initial design work will be delivered through the Project Ph2/3 Pre-FEED Contractor (KBR in Leatherhead). From FEED (3Q2020) onwards, the work will be based at the EPCI Contractor – potential location yet to be confirmed.
The Pipeline Engineer will be collocated and work in close collaboration with the Contractor’s Subsea & pipeline teams to deliver a safe and robust design.
- Responsible for delivery of the engineering of the pipeline scope to meet project schedule and delivering a safe, competitive and cost-effective pipeline system
- Provide technical leadership and responsibility for all technical aspects of the Project Phase 2/3 Pipeline Routing and Engineering.
- Support performance management of the Pre-FEED and EPCI Contractors.
- Support the Subsea Engineering Team Lead in overall delivery of the Project Ph2/3 Pipeline system.
- Interface with other Project Ph2/3 engineering teams to ensure an integrated Design.
Essential education A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or the equivalent
Essential experience and job requirements
- Must have deep experience / expertise of subsea pipeline engineering
- Must have experience of supervising work in a Contractor’s Office
- Must have experience in project delivery.
- Must have strong interpersonal, communication and influencing skills
- Must have strong planning and organizing ability
Desirable criteria & qualifications
- Chartership or Professional Engineering Status
- Experience in interacting with international teams
- Actively engages and respects contributions of others.
- Willingly takes the lead when challenges occur.
- Be self-motivated with a willingness to learn from others and work with minimum direction.
- Flexibility to take on wider project roles as needed.