My client is a leading global engineering company who specialise in industrial gas, energy conversion and gas purification. They are at the forefront of innovation with high end engineering capabilities due to their pioneering new technology.
This is an exciting time to be joining this global chemical leader who is taking accountability for contributing to driving circular economy and sustainability of climate change through hydrogen reduction. The successful person in this role will be working on raw development packages and the conceptual design of new reactors. This position will be pivotal in defining career succession being part of something big.
The Static Equipment Engineer supports the Project Manager’s in driving the conceptual design.
- Development of innovation packages
- Conceptual design of new reactors
- Formulate specifications to present recommendations for vendors
- Assist in installation of demo plant
- Define cost estimates and give technical expertise on design, fabrication and maintenance of static equipment of various types, including reactors, heat exchangers and distillation columns
- Liaise with package suppliers and local authorities
- Ensure legal compliance to established design codes and asset integrity
- Manage interfaces between process engineers, procurement and equipment vendors to obtain technical proposals with defined scope and cost
- Degree in mechanical engineering or similar
- Fluent in English language verbal and written
- Strong knowledge of design codes including ASME/AD/EN
- Ability to convert a process concept into a cost-efficient first technical design
- Experience in design fired equipment involving radiant-zone calculations or welding processes or NDE testing skills
- Solid experience in the design of pressure vessels
- Skills in CAD 2D and solid-works 3D design of pressure equipment
- Knowledge of materials and their use in mechanical and plant engineering
- Basic familiarity with thermodynamic related to heat exchange