Job DescriptionOur Client, a large oil and gas company, is currently seeking a Senior Vendor Analyst for a 1 year contract in Calgary, AB.
The Senior Vendor Analyst position is a key role within the Commercial Office and provides support to Vendor Specialists in the creation of successful, measurable and sustainable business outcomes with valued vendors, while mitigating risk.
The Senior Vendor Analyst is responsible for assisting in the selection and monitoring of vendor performance based on our clients’ strategy and overall sourcing policies. This position measures and analyzes the performance metrics delivered by IS vendors to ensure quality and cost-effective vendor services. The successful candidate will be responsible for the management of a $50MM software portfolio, vendor billing, reporting and other administrative responsibilities that ensure vendor services don't disrupt the company’s business functions.
• Ensure IS vendors deliver according to commitments and contracts; oversee vendor compliance and performance management, including analysis of cost and quality
• Report on vendor compliance and performance based on established SLAs; manage vendor scorecards and dashboards for operations and management
• Create and maintain price benchmarks to drive the best price from vendors
• Work with the Enterprise Architects to ensure that any contract change is compatible with the agreed architecture standards and policies
• Supports annual appraisal of contracts, in collaboration with service managers to ensure continued value
• Work collaboratively with other IS teams to validate software usage and metrics
• Experience with creating and streamlining software renewal workflows
• Creating and updating monthly management reports, financial tracking of progress against budget and planning
• Assist with contract schedule development, negotiations, changes, reviews, and terminations
• Maintain an in-house developed tool (Vendor Relationship management) on the SalesForce platform for data accuracy and vendor support continuity
• Previous experience understanding and maintaining financial forecast, budgets, and long range plans
MUST HAVE QUALIFICATIONS:
• 8 - 10 years’ experience in similar role
• Must have good working knowledge of Microsoft systems (Excel, WORD, PowerPoint, etc.); MS Projects an asset.
• Experience working with Contract Terms & Conditions
• Proven ability to effectively communicate between organizational groups & levels; as well as strong abilities in understanding work environment within a large enterprise and navigate potential political barriers
• Strong ability to make good decisions regarding complex issues with limited information
• Excellent customer and vendor relationship and organizational skills
• Excellent customer relations while dealing with vendors, accounts payable and management
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Strong communication skills with confirmation of understandings & commitments
• Ability to think outside the box, and troubleshoot
• Technically savvy