Our Client, Teck Resources is currently looking for a Asset Health Systems Supervisor to work a full time permanent position in Sparwood, BC.
The Supervisor, Asset Health Systems is responsible for leading and supervising a high performing team of professionals that deliver and maintain leading edge technology that is transforming the way Teck operates its large-scale mining operations worldwide. Technologies include Industrial Internet of Things, condition monitoring systems, operator safety systems, big data analytics, and machine learning driven predictive maintenance. The asset health systems team is responsible for a portfolio of business-critical systems that are used to optimize the safety, productivity, and environmental sustainability of Teck’s mining operations. The successful candidate will collaborate with innovative software, hardware, and service suppliers to develop, deliver and maintain these systems.
This position offers a compressed work week with alternating Friday’s off, and comes with a competitive pay and benefits package. It is based in the beautiful Elk Valley region of British Columbia. This location is known for its vibrant local art and culture scene, as well as a wide variety of outdoor recreation opportunities including world class skiing, mountain biking, fly fishing and year-round backcountry activities.
Develop your career with one of Canada's Top 100 Employers by collaborating with a team implementing leading edge computer and communications technology.
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Supervise a high performing team of technology professionals including managing performance, mentoring, and coaching
- Negotiate purchases and agreements for services or products, and mange contractors and consultants
- Engage people at all levels of the organization across all Teck operations and corporate offices
- Support innovation in predictive maintenance at Teck that employs Artificial Intelligence, Big Data, Cloud, and Internet of Things technologies
- Define, implement, support, and continuously improve leading edge asset health systems that optimize safety, sustainability, and productivity
- Assist with preparation and management of budgets and forecasts
- Collaborate with internal and external teams to troubleshoot and resolve complex technical problems
- Facilitate and support cyber-security improvements, incident response, and forensics
- Work with other technology leaders to help shape and evolve Teck’s digital technology strategy
- Bachelors or Postgraduate Degree in Computer Engineering or Software Engineering is preferred. Other engineering disciplines or a Computer Science degree may be considered
- Ten or more years of progressively senior level experience delivering and supporting information or operational technology systems in an industrial setting, preferably in mining
- Familiarity with cloud technologies for pipelining and processing big data would be an asset
- Knowledge of serial, CANBUS, and digital I/O interfaces and related communication protocols is preferred
- Experience working with WiFi and wired networks that employ an ISA-99 or a similar multi-zone security model would be an asset
- Knowledge of Cyber Security principles would be an asset
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating systems, virtualization, Active Directory, and computer networking fundamentals is required. Familiarity with Unix/Linux operating systems would be an asset
- Demonstrated leadership skills including the ability to coach and mentor
- Experience working with asset health, condition monitoring, or other near-real-time maintenance systems or related technologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with people at all levels in the organization to drive the successful adoption of new technology
- Excellent program and project management skills and strong knowledge of business analysis techniques
- Excellent analytical, root cause analysis, and problem solving skills
- Ability to travel as necessary to support Teck’s mining operations in North and South America
- Valid class five driver’s license with a clean driving record
- Working level Spanish would be an asset
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck’s approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2018, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the ninth straight year, indicating that Teck’s sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world’s 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources