Job DescriptionOne of our Global Oil Field Services clients is currently looking for a Chemical Plant Supervisor on a permanent basis, based in Darwin. This is an exciting opportunity to join a large and dynamic organisation.
This role is Monday - Friday and will be a 38 hour working week. At present, there will be 1 direct report however there is a possibility the team will expand.
- Under broad direction, leads and directs daily warehouse and plant operations for the purpose of ensuring the delivery of quality customer service, world-class safety and facility efficiency.
- Occasionally has customer contact for the purpose of verifying customer needs and service quality.
- Supervises the work activities of plant personnel to ensure safe and efficient operational activities.
- Utilises personnel and equipment in a manner that maximises the efficiency and safe operation of the warehouse and bulk plant.
- Responsible for proper inventory management and control to support operations.
- Other responsibilities include OTR issues, assisting in the planning and budgeting processes, manufacturing expenses and budget expenses.
- On the job training and 3 years of experience in plant operations.
- A Bachelor’s degree is preferred
- Execute and coordinate purchasing, production and shipping as directed by upper management
- Coordinate plant operations within established policies and procedures. Maintain a clean and safe plant
- Responsible for meeting plant production goals and service quality
- Responsible for all shift production schedules and personnel scheduling
- Select and train plant and administrative personnel. Conduct regular employee performance reviews
- Conduct and attend plant safety meetings
- Attend management meetings for planning and budgeting
- General understanding of account procedures
- General understanding of inventory control and material management
- General understanding of order to bill of lading (BOL) process
- 3 years’ experience in plant operations
- Supervisory experience
- Experience working with chemicals