Job DescriptionBusiness Development Manager – Permanent – Life Science
The onboarding and development of key accounts is critical to every business, in particularly ones that provide a service offering to their market. My client, a leading clinical research organization, is currently seeking the expertise of a Business Development Manager to generate new key opportunities and further drive their entire sales strategy to build a prosperous business in the clinical research market.
The person in this position will work closely with the Commercial Director to meet targets for new client volumes and support the development of sales strategies or marketing campaigns to maximise company revenue and profit.
Business Development Manager Key Responsibilities:
- Support the management of client enquiries, answering customer queries and supporting the development of quotations as necessary
- Build client relationships and undertake proactive lead management, to convert enquiries to confirmed business. Help maintain these excellent relationships developed.
- Support the setup of client meetings and attend as required
- Research and build a database of contacts within the Pharmaceutical industries for proactive sales activity
- Support the Commercial Director in the development of company service offerings and the strategic diversification of chosen markets through product development and partnerships
- Support the planning and implementation of sales, marketing and service development strategies and initiatives to achieve the growth of the business for both existing and new customers
- Analyse, compile and distribute financial and statistical information to support marketing strategy development activities
- Support the planning for conferences, industry events, tradeshows and presentations
- Life Science degree level education with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a sales environment
- Commercially aware, ideally with experience within the Clinical Research environment
- Excellent organisation skills, and a proven ability to prioritise own workload and meet deadlines
- Strong confidence, with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and also as part of a team
- Experience of working in a fast paced office environment
- Excellent customer service and a proven track record of maintaining customer relationships
- Experience of working with a CRM, especially generating reports
- Clean driving license and willingness to travel
- If you believe you possess the necessary criteria to take the next step in your career as a Business Development Manager with a leading clinical organization, please apply and call Charles on 01619427163 for more information on applying.