- To be responsible for the planning and scheduling of all
- Should have good understanding of safety, health, and
estimating, procurement practices, business practices and controls, contractor
interface awareness, development of job packs, etc.
- Skilled in scheduling work tasks to ensure efficient resource utilization, excellent coordination between operations (equipment readiness / permitting), material availability, construction equipment
- Typical Job Positions may include: Maintenance Planner / Scheduler, Maintenance Lead, Planner/Scheduler.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Demonstrates SAFETY is the top priority
- Participates in planning with Core/Work Teams
- Plans and schedules any Routine Maintenance work required
- Works with Planner in developing schedule, cost
- Able to plan complex job and develop resource plan with Scheduler, Execution lead, and Operations across all disciplines.
- Able to identify and monitor critical and sub-critical paths for major events.
- Able to apply advanced functions of Planning & Estimating Tools, as applicable to the position
- Able to educate field execution personnel on look-ahead schedules, and help ensure timely work
- Able to provide input to maintenance work Contracting/Procurement
- Able to resolve scheduling issues, including: Negative Float, Out-of-sequence updates, resource overloads, scope change, progress validation, etc.
- Able to develop a complete job plan with materials, resources and timeline.
- Able to provide input into material of construction selection and management.
- Able to plan, estimate, track and schedule Field Order Changes (FCO"s).
- Able to apply planning logic, such as, lead, lag, critical path and milestones.
- Able to adequately assess work contingencies with schedule impact, lead coordination activity between teams should contingencies arise. SKILLS AND
- 10+ years of closely related professional experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering within an applicable discipline, appropriate certification(s) within
- Good verbal and written communication skills; ability to clearly and concisely convey recommendations to
- Ability to adapt to tight deadlines, heavy workloads, and frequent changes in priorities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software programs
- Proficient in selected scheduling and planning software
- Demonstrates good leadership skills in team meetings to remove barriers and steward action items and cost profile to work plan and cost estimates.