Lab Team Leader – Steam Cracker Unit
A leading oil and gas operating company and they are currently looking for a Laboratory Team Leader to work in their Steam cracker plant lab. The role will be based in Sohar and offered on residential bases.
Lead the Lab activities in support of the commissioning of the Steam cracker plant, and Pygas hydrotreating unit. Ensure that Lab facility, equipment, test methods, manpower and test consumables are ready to support plant commissioning and plant performance test run. Coordinate the technical training of staff assigned to handle the plant testing requirements.
- Lead role in the commissioning of SCU Lab designed to handle the testing requirement for the SCU and Utilities, MTBE & But-1, and Pygas hydrotreating unit.
- Lead technical interaction with vendors related to equipment set-up and commissioning.
- Evaluate, finalize and coordinate the setting up of the analytical methods needed for plant commissioning and normal run.
- Review list of equipment and evaluate equipment performance using control samples or prepared standards.
- Evaluate Lab facility with local and international HSE standard and work for improvement and compliance.
- Initiate Lab Best Practices and good Standard operating procedure and HSE compliance procedure.
- Coordinate SCU, MTBE-But-1, Pygas hydrotreating unit performance test run, optimization, product blend trials and lead in the resolution of complex problems.
- BSC qualified in Chemistry or similar and 10 years working experince working with Steam crackers and or Pygas hydro treating units
- Must have experience in a supervisory / team lead role with a minimum of 5 years’ experience.
- Well versed with official licensor and international standard methodology (ASTM, UOP, IP, IFP, SMS, ISO, APHA, etc
- Working for leading oil company
- Lucrative full residential package on offer
- Prestigious project and career development