Job DescriptionAker Solutions based in Aberdeen, is responsible for delivering quality service, safely, on time, within budget whilst ensuring the technical integrity of onshore and offshore assets. We actively promote the highest standards of HSEQ and at all times act within the Aker Solutions Just Care procedures. The engineering department, consisting of experienced, multi-discipline engineering personnel within one of our ongoing projects is seeking to strengthen the team through the recruitment of an experienced structural engineer at senior grade.
This is initially a 3 month position but probably will be extended.
Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Prepare engineering concepts and develop into detail design.
- Carry out manual and computer analysis.
- Prepare CTR estimates for structural scopes.
- Basic knowledge of design software such as PDMS, Navisworks and Autocad.
- Sound working knowledge of relevant structural design codes including AISC and API RP 2A
- Use of computerised information processing both general and specialist for Structural Engineering such as STAADPro and Mathcad
- Prepare construction / installation procedures.
- Review and comment on vendor information and assist with inspection and testing. Carry out single and inter-discipline checks and reviews. Review and check subordinate engineers work.
- Review and compile weight estimates. Fatigue experience is preferable.
- Carry out onshore / offshore surveys and answer site queries.
- Qualifications / Personal Attributes:
- Educated to HNC/HND level in engineering discipline
- Sound working knowledge of relevant industry codes and standards
- Conversant with appropriate technical software
- Current Offshore Survival Certificate
- Ability to direct and guide engineers and designers
- Effective written and verbal communication skills