This is initially a 3 month position but probably will be extended.
Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Prepare engineering concepts and develop into detail design.
- Carry out manual and computer analysis.
- Prepare CTR estimates for structural scopes.
- Basic knowledge of design software such as PDMS, Navisworks and Autocad.
- Sound working knowledge of relevant structural design codes including AISC and API RP 2A
- Use of computerised information processing both general and specialist for Structural Engineering such as STAADPro and Mathcad
- Prepare construction / installation procedures.
- Review and comment on vendor information and assist with inspection and testing. Carry out single and inter-discipline checks and reviews. Review and check subordinate engineers work.
- Review and compile weight estimates. Fatigue experience is preferable.
- Carry out onshore / offshore surveys and answer site queries.
- Qualifications / Personal Attributes:
- Educated to HNC/HND level in engineering discipline
- Sound working knowledge of relevant industry codes and standards
- Conversant with appropriate technical software
- Current Offshore Survival Certificate
- Ability to direct and guide engineers and designers
- Effective written and verbal communication skills