Job DescriptionPOSITION TITLE: Electrical Engineer
POSITION TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
LOCATION: Louisiana, MO
NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas industry. Our client, an international leader in the commercial explosives industry, is looking to hire an Electrical Engineer for a permanent position based in St. Louis, MO.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ ACCOUNTABILITIES
Reporting to the R&I Manager, you will be the expert in managing a broad range of tasks to support the effort to continually improve the plant reliability and performance by focusing on improvements and problem-solving in collaboration with other personnel. You will be part of a dynamic team who drives the engineering, cost estimating, planning, executing, and managing through completion and start-up. Other duties will include:
- Ensuring compliance with appropriate HSEQ performance standards as well as current applicable national and state requirements to drive safety at all manufacturing facilities.
- Verify training of maintenance team and contractors and audit against the standards during the planning and execution of work at the Site.
- Assistance in preparation of Front End Loading (FEL) phase engineering project proposals including cost estimates and Capital Expenditure Proposal (CEP) development. Develop sourcing specifications and work closely with North America Sector (NA) purchasing personnel to secure high-value products and services.
- Responsible for assisting in planning, scheduling cost estimating and conducting and coordinating the technical aspects of projects. Leads the process to define project deliverables to meet requirements by ensuring that technical alternatives are proposed and evaluated. Support the process to develop and maintain a work breakdown structure in the project. Includes developing schedules and forecasts, coordinating and checking of engineering deliverables as well as providing monthly project status reports and change orders.
- Provide good management of project E&I engineering design by:
- Providing technical guidance and being the “go-to-person” for E&I issues.
- Active involvement in scope definition & quality control of new equipment projects
- Active involvement in the planning and execution of E&I equipment upgrade or modification.
- Ensure that engineering design and work packages are structured properly for effective execution.
- Participate in PHA (HAZOP) and LOPA analysis to create SIS designs.
- Review and approve instrument and electrical equipment vendor technical proposals, drawings, operating and maintenance manuals, etc. and attend FAT/shop tests, as needed.
- Review and approval of engineering contractor’s design drawings and documents including P&ID’s, instrument data sheets, process control philosophy, electrical design and data sheets, IFA issue of instrumentation and electrical construction drawings, plant operating manuals and standards, etc.
- Support and ensure effective fabrication, construction, installation and debug/commissioned by:
- Ensuring project risks are identified, clearly understood and mitigated in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Facilitating contracting and materials procurement processes in conjunction with the procurement group.
- Periodically traveling to Engineering Contractor’s offices and North American plants for meetings and to participate in PHA’s, project planning and execution meetings, constructability reviews, etc.
- B. S. Degree in Electrical Engineering
- 5+ years of experience in maintenance and engineering of a petrochemical manufacturing plant, power generation or similar heavy industry environment.
- National Electric Code (NEC); DCS and PLC systems (Delta V experience a plus); industrial electrical systems including power; SIS design principles; Microsoft Suite; an awareness of project management functions and protocols.
- Mechanical aptitude, with an understanding of plant equipment and documentation skills.
- Project scope, documentation, design, estimation, and scheduling
- Project planning, execution, and team leadership
- Project commissioning, start-up, and checkout
- Design, specification, and implementation of SIS systems and MCC and power distribution systems
- Understanding of RBM (Risk-based Maintenance) and RCM (reliability-centered maintenance) maintenance strategy development.
- Competent in the various methods of Root Cause Failure Analysis.