NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base. Our client is currently seeking a Senior Drill and Blast Engineer.
The Senior Drill and Blast Engineer is part of the Engineering department and collaborate with other departments. She/he will perform good engineering practices in terms of leading and furthering development of drill & blast program. The incumbent will ensure that the goals and objectives are achieved, while promoting and respecting the company’s culture, Health & Safety Code of Conduct and the environment.
- Lead drill and blast optimization including fragmentation studies, drill bit analysis, productivity analysis , caved holes, and misfire root cause analysis
- Optimize drill, loading, and tie in
- Ensure compliance with environmental stewardship programs and work with the Environmental department to optimize drill and blast design;
- Complete drill and blast monthly forecast and annual budget;
- Liaise with other departments to create drill and blast schedule and pattern layout
- Provide mentorship, experience expertise, technical guidance, and training for personnel working with drilling and blasting activities;
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- College’s degree in Mine or Geological Engineering;
- 7-10 years’ experience within drilling and blasting;
- Strong understanding of drilling ad blasting operational practices;
- Professional Engineering registration or equivalent