Job DescriptionSoftware Automation Engineer – 6 Months Contract - Abingdon
ESSENTIAL:- Role can be for somebody with 2 years experience or more. C#, AZURE, Python Scripting, Continuous Integration, set up of virtual machines.
As a Software Automation Engineer, you will have an opportunity to develop and improve automated testing strategies of our state-of-the-art field development planning, simulator and reservoir engineering workflows. You will also be part of shaping the future of our products ? in a cloud environment while working in a multi-disciplinary team of software engineers and domain experts with the goal of continuous deployment.
Software A? utomation Engineer Roles and Responsibilities:
- Create and maintain build and test ? automation programs for large-scale systems Work with end users, product analysts, and developers to understand features and technical implementations to continuously improve and simplify quality assurance processes Create software tools used to perform build verification and regression tests
- Design, implement and automate test cases, write test plans, and develop supporting test tools
- Conduct regular regression tests on a periodic basis to ensure performance levels of production systems
- Influence the architecture to be focused on test automation.
- Software Automation Engineer Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering Discipline with IT or software engineering experience.
- 2+ years of experience testing Web / Scientific applications
- Ability to systematically problem solve, debug and optimize and automate routine tasks.
- Experience of working in an agile environment and with building and improving test systems
- Experience with software architecture, coding or scripting languages (e.g python)
- Experience in some scientific domain
- Able to collaborate with different te? ams across the programme to promote a quality culture
- Challenge decisions where necessary in a positive way
- Design of test strategies and test a? utomation techniques
- Able to understand, mo? dify and maintain different levels of automation test pyramid
- Experience of using or developing open source test tools and test frameworks
- Ability to spike and recommend test tools depending on various project requirements
- Experience of testing complex applications
- Experience in testing of non-functionals e.g. performance, security
A Preferable skills:
- Experience in practices like pair programming,Test Driven Development (TDD), Behaviour-Driven Development(BDD), Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Delivery(CD)
- Familiarity with build management systems such as Azure DevOps build, and administering continuous integration build systems by creating and configuring virtual machines
- Familiarity with Google Cloud Platform, Kubernetes, Docker
- Familiarity with Git source control, pull request creation and pull request review
- Follow through, prioritization, planning, and estimating in agile environments
- Strong communication skills
- Demonstrate an external test community footprint through conferences and blog post.