ESSENTIAL:- C#, AZURE, Python Scripting, Continuous Integration, set up of virtual machines.
As a Software Automation Engineer, you will have an opportunity to develop and improve automated testing strategies of our state-of-the-art field development planning, simulator and reservoir engineering workflows. You will also be part of shaping the future of our products in a cloud environment while working in a multi-disciplinary team of software engineers and domain experts with the goal of continuous deployment.
Software Automation Engineer Roles and Responsibilities:
- Create and maintain build and test automation programs for large-scale systems
- Work with end users, product analysts, and developers to understand features and technical implementations to continuously improve and simplify quality assurance processes
- Create software tools used to perform build verification and regression tests
- Design, implement and automate test cases, write test plans, and develop supporting test tools
- Conduct regular regression tests on a periodic basis to ensure performance levels of production systems
- Influence the architecture to be focused on test automation.
- Software Automation Engineer Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering Discipline with IT or software engineering experience.
- 2+ years of experience testing Web / Scientific applications
- Ability to systematically problem-solve, debug and optimize and automate routine tasks.
- Experience of working in an agile environment and with building and improving test systems
- Experience with software architecture, coding or scripting languages (e.g. python)
- Experience in some scientific domain
- Able to collaborate with different teams across the programme to promote a quality culture
- Challenge decisions where necessary in a positive way
- Design of test strategies and test automation techniques
- Able to understand, modify and maintain different levels of automation test pyramid
- Experience of using or developing open source test tools and test frameworks
- Ability to spike and recommend test tools depending on various project requirements
- Experience of testing complex applications
- Experience in testing of non-functionals e.g. performance, security
- Experience in practices like pair programming, Test Driven Development (TDD), Behaviour-Driven Development (BDD), Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Delivery (CD)
- Familiarity with build management systems such as Azure DevOps build, and administering continuous integration build systems by creating and configuring virtual machines
- Familiarity with Google Cloud Platform, Kubernetes, Docker
- Familiarity with Git source control, pull request creation and pull request review
- Follow through, prioritization, planning, and estimating in agile environments
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Demonstrate an external test community footprint through conferences and blog post.
Client will look at sponsorship for the right candidate.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK