Perform all aspects necessary for the machining processes used in the manufacturing of Turbine Engine components.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Operate all manual and/or CNC machines to perform completely and independently specific operations as outline in the methods and process sheets with minimal supervision.
- Have complete knowledge of the machinability of metals.
- Ability to perform standard setups and operate multiple pieces of equipment when required.
- Change, set and adjust tools as required.
- Required to set up
- Load and delete programs in the machine.
- Ability to read programs.
- Make minor adjustments of feeds and speeds on the assigned machine.
- Check parts using specified gages or hand tools/precision measuring instruments or by using furnished fixtures to see that dimensions are being maintained.
- Ability to troubleshoot causes of deviations.
- Report improper machine function and/or check parts not being held to proper dimensions.
- Maintain equipment and work area in a safe, clean and orderly condition.
- Perform above requirements in a safe, productive and quality conscious manner.
- Work in compliance with the provisions of the OHSA; use or wear the equipment, protective devices or clothing that the employer required be worn; report to his/her supervisor the absence of or defect in any equipment or protective device of which the worker is aware and which may endanger himself or another worker; and report to his supervisor, the existence of any hazard of which he knows.
- Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Ability to perform first piece inspection, off-sets and tool changes.
- Experience machining parts with close tolerances and other aerospace-type requirements.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of feeds and speeds and cutting tools and their application.
- Capable of producing quality and quantity of work in accordance with requirements.
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent and a minimum of two to five (2-5) years related experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.