Job DescriptionOur Client, a large oil and gas company, is currently seeking a Maintenance Planner for a yearlong contract in Nanticoke, ON
- Able to plan complex job and develop resource plan with Scheduler, Execution lead, and Operations across all disciplines. Able to identify and monitor critical and sub-critical paths for major events. - Able to apply advanced functions of Planning & Estimating Tools, as applicable to the position. Able to educate field execution personnel on look-ahead schedules, and help ensure timely work progression.
- Able to provide input to maintenance work Contracting/Procurement strategy and steward to that plan. - Able to resolve scheduling issues, including: Negative Float, Out-of-sequence updates, resource overloads, scope change, progress validation, etc.
- Able to develop a complete job plan with materials, resources and timeline.
- Able to provide input into material of construction selection and management.
- Able to plan, estimate, track and schedule Field Order Changes (FCO"s).
- Able to apply planning logic, such as, lead, lag, critical path and milestones.
- Able to adequately assess work contingencies with schedule impact, lead coordination activity between teams should contingencies arise.
- 10+ years of closely related professional experience – Bachelor’s degree in Engineering within an applicable discipline, appropriate certification(s) within discipline, or equivalent professional experience
- Good verbal and written communication skills; ability to clearly and concisely convey recommendations to management
- Ability to adapt to tight deadlines, heavy workloads, and frequent changes in priorities - Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software programs
- Proficient in selected scheduling and planning software
- Demonstrates good leadership skills in Work Team meetings to remove barriers and steward action items and cost profile to work plan and cost estimates.