Cell and molecular biology, focused on in vitro pharmacology is a crucial part of the drug discovery and development process to provide market access. My client, a leading Biotech company focused on developing novel small molecular cancer therapeutics, are currently seeking the expertise of a Scientist/Senior Scientist: In Vitro Pharmacology to aid in the advancement of progressing their drugs to the clinic.
Scientist/Senior Scientist: In Vitro Pharmacology Key Responsibilities:
- Employing excellent technical skills in cell and molecular biology techniques including Western blotting, Flow Cytometry, mammalian cell culture and viability assays
- Technical skills in DNA damage and repair assays such as Comet assays, DNA fibre labelling and repair foci imaging is highly desirable
- Deciphering meaning from complex in vitro pharmacology data using various IT tools
- Supporting the transfer of assays to CROs for in-vivo and clinical studies
- Maintaining an up-to-date understanding of cancer cell biology or DNA repair pathways
- Ability to work independently in an organised and methodical fashion, and collaborating with colleagues across multiple drug discovery projects
- PhD or equivalent in a life science subject
- Excellent background knowledge and practical experience of molecular biology techniques listed
- Experience of in vitro pharmacology or drug discovery is desirable
- Experience working in an industrial setting is a distinct advantage
If you feel you would be suitable, please apply now and Charles shall be in touch if successful.