This role is responsible for improving the way business teams work together by presenting cross team data in easily understandable and actionable formats in the form of reports and dashboards. This is a data centric role, contributing to transforming data into business insights while building reusable data components
BI Developer Responsibility/Service Scope:
- Build data and reporting solutions for project teams in FGP
- Understand the business use of data to support work processes and strategic business objectives. Leverage data, analytics and data science techniques to create business value through solution delivery and/or self-service enablement.
- Identifies, acquires, and cleanses/prepares/transforms data in alignment with defined data architecture patterns, reusability principles and business value objectives
- Collaborates with business teams to identify, build and integrate advanced analytics models into solutions
- Responsible for entire reporting lifecycle including requirements gathering, report design, development, and deployment
- Provides training and support to project teams in the setup and use of BI/DS tools
- Uses an Agile approach (part of a scrum team) to develop and deploy BI/DS solutions
- Develops and conducts complex data validation and reconciliation to ensure data integrity, accuracy and completeness for operational purposes
- Standardizes data collection by developing methods for database design and validation reports.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/ Statistics or a business major
- 5+ years industry experience, developing data products and/or analytics solutions (business intelligence and data warehousing, data science)
- Proficient with SSIS, TIBCO Spotfire, PowerBI or similar visualization technologies
- Experience with programming languages / scripting tools (Java, Python, R, C, Spark)
- Strong SQL skills and solid understanding of database concepts
- Understanding of relational and dimensional data models.
- Ability to analyze large amounts of raw data and summarize into clear, accurate, meaningful, value-added reports and analysis
- Experience in Data Extract, Load and transformation technics and tools
- Knowledge of techniques and tools that promote effective analysis, determine the root cause of problems and create alternative solutions to solve them in the best interest of the business.
- Capable of working within a diverse, global workforce that is consumer oriented.
- Strong Facilitation, Presentation and Communication skills.
• Experience working in Oil and Gas projects is a plus
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK
BI Developer – 3 Years Contract – Farnborough