Senior Network Security Engineer – 12 Months initial Contract – 28 x 28 Rotation – Iraq
Senior Network Security Engineer Essential:- University level education preferably in Engineering / IT or related discipline. ITIL Foundations. CCNP Security. CCIE Security or equivalent preferred. Security process or governance certification. Experience in designing and deploying security solutions. Scripting/Programming Experience. Broad understanding of IT. Ability to work within a multicultural environment. Familiar with network management tools – Solarwinds, Netflow. Demonstrable skills on Datacentre , LAN & WAN Network Security . Undertake Configuration and Monitoring of Network security events and lead Network security Incident Investigations
The Network Security Engineer will responsible for the delivery and support of security services, working with various implementation groups to deliver Security project’s to agreed costs and timescales, maintaining quality and ensuring compliance with relevant governance, regulations, standards and policies.
The role requires an individual who can work in a fast changing environment, implementing solution’s and providing high levels support.
Senior Network Security Engineer Key Accountabilities -
Ensure trouble-free operations of network security infrastructure on site (Cisco ASA, ISE, Router/Switch security, wireless security, Cisco Umbrella, ASDM, Palo Alto)
- Identify risks to service delivery, recommend options to address risks and execute approved options
- Develop the network security systems capability to meet agreed service targets
- Develop the network security policy and auditing processes and procedures
- Participate in network security enhancement projects
- Assist with maintaining network security related portion of the DR plans
- Define and execute network security related 'changes'
- Work with application development to determine application specific security posture
- Hands on approach with familiarity to perform low level configuration changes via CLI or GUI
- Familiar with network management tools – Solarwinds, Netflow. Ability to build and configure network management platforms & SIEM Tools
- Undertake Configuration and Monitoring of Network security events and lead Network security Incident Investigations
- Demonstrable skills on Datacentre , LAN & WAN Network Security
- Participates in tactical and strategic technology planning
- Develop, produce and maintain documentation regarding Security configuration, operating procedures, policy.
- Assists in developing and providing training to junior staff
Senior Network Security Engineer Desirable
- Experience in a similar role in an oil/gas company