Job DescriptionAker Solutions' UK Technology Centre, based in Reading, is responsible for the delivery of subsea controls systems. We are currently looking for a Principal Electrical & Electronics Engineer who can strengthen the team and support our planned growth in the market place.
We expect our Principal Electrical & Electronics Engineer to;
- Evaluate and develop the design of high reliability control systems to meet client specifications while providing solutions to engineering challenges in all stages of a product from TRL 3 through to TRL 5
- Support the Global Product Management group to deliver quality products throughout the product range, carrying out engineering changes, process/product development, improvement of procedural documentation and NPI (New Product Introduction)
- Support projects, meeting key milestones, objectives and timescales while ensuring internal/external stakeholders obtain services that are ‘right first time’ and of an overall expected quality level
- Ensure performance, quality and reliability targets for the products and systems are met or exceeded while concurrently ensuring they possess all required functionality and operate as per approved design
- Develop and deploy Electrical/Electronic control systems in a SIL (Safety Integrity Level) system conforming to IEC 61508
- Assist the team to improve overall quality awareness, processes and systems in use.
In order to be considered for this key role you will need to have;
- A Degree level qualification (or above) with relevant Electronic / Electrical Engineering experience gained in an industry with high reliability demands
- Sound working knowledge of industrial best practices and demonstrable experience in electronic / electrical system design, implementation and Factory Acceptance Testing
- Proficiency in control system design, implementation and commissioning
- Experience of Electronic/Electrical assemblies & systems conforming to IPC-610/620 (or other international standards) with the qualification of new processes, methods and technologies
- Knowledge of electronic/ optoelectronic systems, communications and networking and an understanding of communication protocols used within control systems
- Ability to test electronic/electrical products and systems using Labview (or other automated test software).
We expect our engineers to show a true passion for technology and a commitment to continuous improvement of products, process and tools.
In return the successful candidate will receive a competitive salary and benefits, plus a strong work/life balance, positive work environment with challenging tasks, and a range of development opportunities.