Job DescriptionAker Solutions' UK Technology Centre, based in Reading, is responsible for project execution and delivery of Subsea controls systems. In that capacity our team of mechanical, electrical, electronic, software and system engineers supports the full project lifecycle from Front End engineering for FEED studies to detailed engineering, implementation, testing and commissioning support for customer delivery Projects. We also provide global support to our manufacturing facilities and provision of diagnostic and fault analysis for the controls product portfolio. Through our SLS base in Aberdeen we support all aspects of the Product lifecycle ranging from upgrading wells to managing obsolescence and extending the lifetime of field.
Currently we have an exciting opportunity to join a growing team responsible for control system software. The role of Principal Network Engineer will be key to our ongoing strategy of offering our clients the highest level of trust in our products and services.
In this role you will assume control/ responsibility for a program of work to design the end to end network architecture of the control systems; and develop and produce relevant system network documentation. You will be a key contributor to establishing networking processes, procedures and working practices to ensure integrity of deliverables and operation, taking responsibility for ensuring the quality of implementation of the design and that work is performed in accordance with company procedures and the requirements of applicable standards.
We expect our Principal Network Engineer to possess;
- Relevant experience in the design and development of network architecture
- Experience of working in SCRUM environment; Engaging with project stakeholders and managing stakeholder expectations
- Familiarity with network design, configuration and management of Cisco Industrial switches, Routers and Firewalls; IEC 62443 CS Lifecycle and best practices
- Preferable qualifications include CCNA / CCIE / CCNP
- Understanding of Industrial protocols including OPC and Modbus TCP
- Hands on experience of Industrial Network Setup, and of specifying hardening measures for Networks and Host computers
- Experience of participating in or facilitating Cyber Security Risk Assessments.
We expect our engineers to show a true passion for technology and a commitment to continuous improvement of products, process and tools.
In return the successful candidate will receive a competitive rate and the opportunity to support innovative projects in a positive work environment.