Job DescriptionMechanical Maintenance Technician
NES are recruiting for a Maintenance Technician working for a leading engineering company based in the North West. To maintain and develop batch and continuous production facilities to defined standards by optimization of plant and equipment within a modern manufacturing culture to meet customer demands.
Responsibilities for the role include:
- To lead to resolution multi- functional problem solving activities through detailed understanding of mechanical maintenance and process operations
- To optimise productivity, quality and availability of the manufacturing operation part of delivering the production plan during normal and abnormal operation.
- To participate and support in compliance and continuous improvement of EHS standards of the equipment and workshops
- As required, to deliver and validate team training including all relevant standards of best practice within the manufacturing team
- To contribute to team/site improvements in safety, quality, cost and work execution and to support the Maintenance Team Leader in delivery of same
- This role is key to maintaining and improving site environmental and safety performance through effective execution of duties within the safe system of work. The role assists in achieving plant availability and thus production targets and in controlling the fixed costs of production through optimal use of resources.
- The team member may acquire special skills to meet site requirements. These will include vibration monitoring, welding, rigging, tribology, steam boilers; operate turning and milling, fabrication, pipefitting and any other skills required by the site.
- Individuals are expected to work flexibly and will work various shift patterns to meet maintenance cover demands and is expected to develop ideas into engineering solutions and to implement these through the modification system
- The job holder must have completed a recognised mechanical maintenance apprenticeship and/or have attained NVQ Level 3 and HNC equivalent
- The job holder must have experience working on a large process plant such as chemical, oil&gas, power, food or similar