Job DescriptionHead of Clinical Services – Permanent – Manchester
Positive results from clinical trials are a critical and complicated step in getting a drug to market. My client, a leading clinical research organization, is currently seeking the expertise of a Head of Clinical Services to increase a growing organisation’s efficiency and level of service offered.
The person in this position will lead and provide direction at the top of the organisation and, in partnership with the Board of Directors, will establish and maintain the vision of the company. They will work collectively as part of the Executive Leadership Team in order to determine the future of the organisation, and its strategy and structure.
Head of Clinical Services Key Responsibilities
- Accountable for the overall delivery of the Board agreed objectives and to the Board of Directors for the Clinical Services offering
- As part of the executive leadership team, provide effective and professional leadership, supporting and managing the Clinical Services Team, focusing on both short term development goals (essential knowledge and skills) and the longer term future career development of individuals
- Proactively engage with customers internally and externally, developing and maintaining strong, positive business relationships and strategic alliances
- Secure the infrastructure and functionality of the Clinical Services function, driving a sustainable growth strategy
- Lead the development, maintain and continually review the clinical operational infrastructure, including the development and maintenance of all necessary systems, the creation of the required clinical services processes and tools to enable efficient working
- Manage clinical services resources within the budget recommendations in order to secure the long term success of the business and ensure the appropriate monitoring of agreed clinical services KPI’s
- Drive the development of the team culture across clinical services, considering appropriate reward and recognition practices and necessary clinical services staff accreditation
- Continuously work to develop company approach to projects in order to achieve the future business objectives
- Life Science PhD Degree level education
- Qualified member of relevant body (according to core discipline)
- Significant experience in core discipline with at least five years in senior management
- Experience of managing professional staff
- An understanding of business functions such as HR, Finance, marketing, etc
- Outstanding organisational and leadership abilities
- An aptitude in decision making and problem solving
- Demonstrable competency in strategic planning and business development
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics
- Working knowledge of IT/business infrastructure and MS office
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and relationship management skills
If you believe you possess the necessary criteria to take the next step in your career as a Head of Clinical Services with a leading clinical organization, please apply and call Charles on 01619427163 for more information on applying.