Job DescriptionTitle: Field Buyer
Location: Beaumont, Texas
This role is an individual contributor role with responsibilities, including:
- Analysis, negotiation, and implementation of contracts to support the clients chemicals business needs.
- Work as a change agent and supplier relationship manager for improving Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost in the supply base.
- Position Overview:
- Lead and participate in contract negotiation, contract administration, and termination activities to provide for proper contract execution and fulfillment in accordance with client policies, legal and contract requirements serve as a key strategic advisor to the organization on contractual and business issues by identifying and mitigating risk, planning and executing successful negotiations, constructing favorable contract terms and conditions
- Ensures that Procurement is perceived as a positive, significant, and value adding integral partner to client
- Develops, analyses and awards RFX events through Ariba.
- Tracks and develops spend reports
- Participates in, and leads as needed, planning processes to identify upcoming needs. Communicates with internal stakeholders regarding their needs and solicit feedback and participation.
- Develops contracting strategies as required, given project or service requirements (e.g. lump sum, T & M), and chooses contracting vehicles appropriate to situations.
- Manages certificate of insurance and rate schedule change processes
- Manages, develops and negotiates non-disclosure agreements
- Qualifies or pre-qualifies suppliers to assurance capabilities in areas such as safety and health, financial well-being (e.g. bonding capability), labor and equipment rates, employment/resource levels, licenses, reference checks and background check policy implementation. Develops approved suppliers’ lists, maintain sub-contractor lists, and work with end users in scope development as appropriate.
- Negotiates key commercial terms and conditions. Analyzes RFQ packages and labor rates. Develops awareness of associated risks with key stakeholders.
- Liaises with Legal and Risk Management staffs as required to ensure contractual terms and conditions are acceptable and serve to minimize risk.
- Monitors supplier performance. Utilizes existing systems to manage contracts and related information.
- Tracks and documents scope of work changes. Communicates with suppliers as focal point for ongoing issue resolution, including warranty issues.
- Bachelor’s degree Supply Chain Management, Business, or related field
- 5+ years of experience in procurement contract administration or related expertise.
- Prefer experience in the following: Contract Negotiating, Project Management, Purchase to Pay