Responsible for oversight and providing support to contracted customers throughout contract life cycle including: profit and loss responsibility, contract compliance, support for day to day operations, budgeting and forecasting, and contract renewals, expansions and change orders. Responsible for oversight and management of Operations team within areas of responsibility.
- Direct management of a team including hiring, performance appraisal activities and addressing performance issues.
- Establish relationships with key customers and stakeholders.
- Ensure contract compliance within region.
- Evaluating performance to assess training and coaching needs. Use measurement-based scorecard process to determine merit and incentive processing, as well as disciplinary action for non-performance.
- Develop and manage to a departmental budget for headcount and operational expenses; as well as revenue, billing, and contract renewal goals. Project up to 18 months ahead based on business assumptions.
- Manage workload and resource allocation to ensure customer expectations are met.
- Ensure highest levels of customer satisfaction and reference ability through contract compliance, timely resolution of issues, adherence to minimum meeting/call schedule, regular reviews of account performance, and other duties as assigned.
- Handle customer complaints/escalation of issues caused by client support deficiencies.
- Escalate unresolved issues to the Senior Vice President of Global Operations
- Work collaboratively with the Operations Processing, Customer Service, Maintenance and Project Services and Engineering teams to deliver services to customers.
- Secure existing customer renewals, expansions and change orders.
- Assist with sales and business development efforts within region on an as needed basis including but not limited to proposal support, pricing, oral and written presentations and contract negotiations.
- Coordinate team training as needed.
- Provide regular status reporting with performance metrics.
- Complete assigned annual goals and objectives.
- Conduct regular and emergent client meetings as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience & Technical Requirements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Budgeting and Finance skills.
- Strong leadership/supervision skills and motivation techniques
- Contract review and negotiation skills
- Experience working with government and government contracts
- Account and project management experience
- Strong multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to travel on short notice.
- Bachelor's degree required with minimum of 10 years’ experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Advanced degree and/or PMA certification a plus.
Role Key Performance Indicators
- Customer satisfaction and referenceability
- Contract compliance
- Financial performance to budget
- Customer renewals and expansions
Inherent Physical Requirements
- Ability to sit for long periods of time;
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time;
- Ability to move around the office;
- Ability to lift and carry 10-15 pounds in weight routinely;
- Occasionally required to lift and carry up to 20 pounds in weight; and
- Using computer screen, keyboard and mouse for extended periods.
Workplace Health and Safety
- Actively engage in conversations regarding WHS, including providing potential improvements to reduce WHS risks;
- Understand and adhere to the requirements of the WHS management system; and
- Immediately communicate and report WHS hazards and incidents.