Job DescriptionJob Title – Technical Manager
Location – Oklahoma City, OK
Employee Type - Permanent
NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the Oil & Gas industry. Our client, is one of the largest providers of product and services within the Oil & Gas industry, has a permanent opportunity for a Technical Manager to be based in Oklahoma City, OK.
- Managing the development of surface equipment with in the Cementing department
- Under broad direction, supervises mechanical, electrical and software engineers and/or other technical staff members, such as a designers, drafters and technicians
- Provides technical guidance to direct reports on project deliverables, ensures team is appropriately resourced with skill sets to successfully complete project portfolio and drives sense of urgency related to project execution.
- Conducts regularly scheduled project goal setting, performance reviews and career development plans with personnel. Develops performance improvement plans for employees that are not performing as expected
- Leads a cross-discipline and cross-functional team, including research, development, sustaining and technical services, in executing various corporate projects and/or initiatives
- Collaborates with other team leads in similar disciplines from other product lines to ensure understanding and sharing of design standards, best practices, lessons learned, etc.
- Works closely with the project management team to ensure projects are resourced effectively and executed with highest quality of technology deliverables
- A technical leader will be capable of managing outside consultants and contractors in developing solutions and coordinate project design and milestone reviews.
- Executes tactical action plans as set by department goals and initiatives, related to budget, intellectual property, HDFX, required and developmental training, safety, etc.
- Has about 20 direct reports such as mechanical engineer, software engineers, designers and more
Required Education and Experience
- Undergraduate degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Material Science, Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent degree
- 8-12 years of related experience within O&G; Research and development experience preferred
- At least two years’ experience within a Category role
- Oil and Gas industry experience preferred
This is an excellent opportunity to become part of one of the largest providers of product and services within the Oil & Gas industry. The successful applicant will receive a competitive compensation package including matching 401K, PTO, as well as a comprehensive benefits package, and more. For further information regarding this role or to discuss other opportunities contact Ashlee Vann.