Job DescriptionNES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client, a large Oil and Gas operator, is currently seeking a Lab Technician for a 14 on/ 14 off rotation for a 1 year contract in Fort McMurray. The individual must be local or have their own accommodations, as no LOA is given.
• Supports and complies with the policies, goals, efforts, and programs of COP's Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) Management System.
• Oversees all analytical operations.
• Performs various analysis not limited to the following: Ph., turbidity, conductivity, hardness, alkalinity, sulphites, chlorides, bitumen-in-water using equipment such as Hach Spectrometer, Turner Fluorescence Meter, Titration Probes etc.
• Provides necessary training to ops staff when needed.
• Assists in developing site specific operating practices.
• Ensures QA/QC lab analysis procedures are correct and followed.
• Ensures appropriate test methods and standards are applied and measurement quality objectives are met.
• Monitors QA/QC procedures on a daily basis.
• Performs spot checks of analysis data and investigates/report any inconsistencies.
• Conducts regular internal QA/QC audits and reports on gaps found.
• Ensures laboratory facility is kept clean and in a safe and functional condition.
• Ensures that all laboratory supplies and expendables are available and in stock.
Required and Preferred Skills and Experience
• Experienced level, typically 5-7 years of experience.
• Provides more technical/functional support than administrative support.
• Demonstrates a thorough working knowledge of technology, applications, terminology, and procedures required of job function.
• Performs varied and more complex tasks.
• Makes decisions within broad parameters.