Job DescriptionCircular Resources Manager – Based in UK/Germany/Benelux – Highly competitive package
My client is an innovative chemical engineering company, who are at the forefront of new technology to convert plastic waste into recycled plastics and low carbon fuels.
They are contributing on an international scale to the global plastic problem by promoting the concept of Circular Economy of plastics through their own technology.
This is a unique opportunity to join my client during a period of rapid growth and whereby you will play a pinnacle part in developing significant relationships with key partners and stakeholders in the chemical industry.
They are looking for a Circular Resources Manager who will take responsibility for managing the plastic waste purchasing agreements with recyclers and collectors in Europe, to drive sourcing feedstock for their processing plants.
The ideal person will have exceptional commercial acumen with strong industry networks within polymer or recycling industries. The Circular Resources Manager will be involved in feasibility studies to determine new locations of plants and ensure the feedstock is maintained of existing plants. This person will work closely with the COO to ensure all logistics are in place.
The successful candidate can be based in the UK, Benelux or Germany with frequent travel.
- Follow development of projects to ensure optimum levels of feedstock
- Network with brand owners and convertors on current products and to identify new opportunities
- Take ownership for feedstock purchasing agreements
- Source and identify waste streams from mechanical plastic recyclers, waste sorters/collectors and EPR schemes
- Evaluate acquisition opportunities
- Deliver offtake agreements with existing facilities of mechanical recycling companies and EPR schemes
- Determine best technical-economical solutions for pre-treatment of feedstock and locations of new plants
- Coordinate longer term offtake agreements to enable construction of new chemical recycling facilities
- Select locations to develop pre-treatment/mechanical recycling capabilities
- Purchasing experience in the polymer or recycling industry
- Strong knowledge and passion within Circular Economy
- Experience in delivering contracts/purchasing in the EU
- Exceptional communication skills both verbal and written in English and Dutch, German or French
- Excellent networker
- Innovative, open-minded and solution orientated with strong negotiation skills
- Capable of working independently and remotely
- Based in UK, Belgium, Netherlands, France or Germany
If you are eager for an opportunity to be part of something big please apply now!