Job Purpose & Scope:
Supervise and control well services operations on site comprising coil tubing, pumping and nitrogen lifting. Ensure that assigned operations are carried out in accordance with established QHSE policies, standing operating instruction, good oilfield practices and work program as detailed by the client. Include preparing equipment and materials required for operations and arranges transportation to designated well site. Ensures that Company equipment is in good working order and maintains close liaison with the client Petroleum/Operations engineer throughout the execution of assigned job. Prepares and submits daily activity reports, materials and equipment requisitions, hand over reports tickets, etc.
- Lead the activities of assigned personnel involved in various well services operations on assigned wells.
- Ensure that programmed work is carried out safely, economically and efficiently and that no down time is incurred during operations.
- Prepare tool service and materials work orders for materials or service required; check that materials and equipment are properly assembled and functionally tested where applicable and arranges for transportation to the work site.
- Take over wells from the client Petroleum/Production Engineer.
- Ensure that equipment and material as well as the rigless package equipment are correctly positioned at the well site and aligned with the wellhead.
- Ensure that preparation of the equipment is adequate to accomplish the programmed work.
- Ensure that coil tubing string is correctly measured and run into wells against perforation, with correct attachments and lubricants and that all attachments are correctly installed including HCL and nitrogen pumping plungers.
- Ensure enough string is made available to deliver stimulants at the programmed depths.
- Supervise the pumping of hydrochloric acid and other fluids at desired depth to clean up well bore. This includes ensuring the proper testing of CT and acid line, accurate mixing of chemicals, proper control of N2 temperature, observance of CT and Christmas tree limitations, and correct pumping of acid water, diesel and other types of fluids consistent with agreed program.
- Supervise the pumping of nitrogen into producing wells to offload water cut to reduce hydrostatic pressure to flow the well.
- Remain alert to and recognizes down hole conditions which may change in the course of operation or conditions that are other than anticipated for a particular well. Interpret the changed conditions and discusses with concerned personnel on site. Keep the Operations Manager abreast of progress and observed deviation and acts to resolve issues as directed.
- Communicate and reports clearly, both verbally and literary, with the clients’ Engineers. Includes preparing and submitting daily activity reports, materials and equipment requisitions, service tickets, receiving work orders and obtaining release from the client Engineers, etc.
- Arrange for excess material and chemicals equipment to be returned to base in good condition on completion of assigned operations and arranges the return of used equipment to Company workshop, for servicing, as required.
- Carry out other similar or related duties such as holding tool box meeting at job locations, attending pressure tests and other function tests asked by client, recognizing failures of down-hole completion equipment, wellheads, liner hangers and float equipment, preparing periodic and special operational reports for management.
- Observe the Company’s QHSE policy, procedures, regulations and objectives as they relate to his area of responsibility and ensure that they are effectively implemented in his domain.
- Participate in QHSE meetings, on site audits and inspections & ensure close out reports for all points closed
- Ensure by appropriate monitoring and review, the work under his control is performed in a safe and environmentally sound manner. Ensures effective accident investigation and follow up.
- Maintain standards of safety and comply with Company’s QHSE Management System requirements.
- Report any near-misses, incidents and accidents promptly.
- Ensure maintenance and availability of all safety equipment.
- Follow and maintain Company standards of Quality in accordance with Company Quality System requirements.
Organizational Relationships (Work Contacts):
- Daily contact with Operations Manager (Stimulation & CT) to receive work directions.
- Regular contact with client representatives for coordination of operations.
- Maintain liaison on service and equipment with outside servicemen and supply company representatives on application within the well services operations.
- Frequent contact with personnel from other sections for support and coordination of activities.
Exposure to prevailing weather conditions, heat, humidity, dirt, and paint fumes for approximately 50% of the work period. Potential H2S hazard, while on sites.
a) 30% - Standing and walking.
b) Physical effort is required when visiting work locations to oversee operations.
- B.Sc.in Mechanical or Petroleum Engineering
- 5 years Well site experience, within Coiled Tubing (CT) Services which includes specific experience in CT tools and on job applications, in a reputed international oilfield service provider.
- Possess excellent skills within the service line and have a general understanding of other service functions. Mechanical and maintenance experience in fault finding and repair of equipment.
- Must have excellent HSE awareness with regard to oil/gas field hazards.
- Good computer knowledge and report writing skills.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.