Utilities & Maintenance Engineer
£42,000 - £45,000
Shift based role - Days and Nights
Reporting to the Utilities lead, the Utilities & Maintenance Engineer is a key member of the Engineering organisation, sustaining and the continuing development of all manufacturing and support processes. Collaborating with the facilities department to ensure the reliable delivery of critical systems to meet end user requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Willing to perform supporting operations such as water management and watchkeeping functions as needed to ensure continued operations
- Comply with EHS/GMP/GDP/company and corporate policies and external regulatory requirements
- Performing operator based duties alongside the planned maintenance activities. Providing support to ensure plant operations are running safe and reliably.
- Project support and collaboration
- At all times working to achieve a safe work environment, delivery of quality products and services, and help to improve financial performance
- Review and develop maintenance tasks to ensure plant reliability and minimise down time, effective reporting and data collection to improve departmental performance
- Identify key failure modes and help deliver process to minimise impact, this may include spare part identification and assisting stock control
- Mechanical/electrical system including fault finding, PLC controls, low-voltage controls, pneumatic and hydraulic systems experience
- Operator watches keeping on Utilities and auxiliary support equipment, LOTO procedures, IPAF, harness, confined space, MEWP preferable.
- Purification experience such as reverse Osmosis, ion exchange processes, VC distillation.
- Steam system operation and maintenance experience to include steam production, condensate recovery and heating systems, boiler house compliance
- Compressed Air Systems, and process control experience
- Working to deadlines and able to follow instructions
- Able to work from P&ID, and wiring schematics
- Able to easily adapt and pick up new skills
- Able to demonstrate effective use of Microsoft office systems.
Please apply ASAP for immediate consideration.