Job DescriptionPosition Summary
Plans and schedules movement of materials or other goods and/or coordinates activities involved with procuring goods and services, such as raw materials, equipment, tools, parts, and supplies.
- Participates in or leads project supply management strategy development and implementation and may be assigned as the supply management project lead. May participate in internal and external supply management presentations.
- Prompt and driven worker.
- Manages the expediting process, including planning, follow-up to ensure receipt of request for quotation packages from vendors, receipt of vendor drawings and documentation, receipt of equipment/materials, coordinate material and equipment deliveries with the jobsite, travel to vendor shops to review work in process, and administration in support of projects or other operating requirements.
- Timeliness, accuracy and adequacy of expediting and administration activities.
- Accountable to the Procurement Department Manager, Project Management, Project Buyer, Expediting Supervisor, and/or other designated Supply Management project lead for effective execution of company policies and procedures relating to expediting, (including but not limited to, safety and ethics).
- Fulfillment of expediting requirements during project performance.
- Effective supervision of change activity to assure adequate protection of the company against potential supplier claims.
- Timeliness, accuracy and adequacy of problem identification, status reporting and corrective action
- Effectiveness of relationships with suppliers, management, construction, customers, support organizations, and project team members.
- Works with and sometimes directs others in Supply Management regarding implementation and support of Supply Management programs and procedures. Works with project personnel and material control to plan and support Supply Management execution for the project. Coordinates with Project Management and Construction Management during project execution.
- Assures compliance with Supply Management policies and procedures and brings any non-compliance issues to the attention of management.
- 6 - 8 yrs. minimum in supply management or related field, with specific experience in expediting
- Does data entry and other functions necessary for administration and closeout in support of projects or other operating requirements.
- Executes assigned work under the close supervision and guidance of an Expeditor, the Procurement Manager or other more senior level Supply Management personnel.