The Global Solutions Subsea Engineer will report to the Senior Subsea Engineer and is responsible for engineering, planning and execution of subsea projects either from MODU’s and LWI vessels. This will include working with the following equipment: completion landing strings, open water & riser-based intervention systems, subsea trees, control systems, and associated equipment; as well as completions equipment related to providing access to the well during light well intervention activities and subsea capping & containment preparedness.
- Provide leadership in demonstrating commitment to our HSSE policy of no accidents, no harm to people and no harm to the environment
- Champion the five Behaviours of “The Way we Work” that includes
- Understand risk
- Trust but verify
- Less is more
- Be thoughtful about what you ask for
- Do what is written.
- Lead risk and change management activities for subsea scope. Ensure risks are understood and owned by the Subsea and Region Operations teams.
- Prepare Well BoD’s, programs, risk control measures as per subsea defined process and practice requirements
- Lead HAZID / HAZOP sessions as required to ensure safe execution of subsea activity
- Perform Audits, Leadership Field Inspections, and Oversight/Verification at Vendor facilities and offshore
- Proactive ownership of the relationship with all stakeholders – drilling, completions and interventions teams, as well as key Vendors.
- Lead well design and construction input as it relates to subsea scope
- Define and deliver equipment operational requirements, including all interfaces between rig/vessel, vendors and tooling.
- Work with Rig engineering and rig team to ensure all rig/vessel upgrade requirements are identified to handle and deploy Subsea Completion/intervention equipment efficiently and modifications completed on time to meet schedule.
- Mobilise to the wellsite to perform Subsea supervisor role as and when the demand required. No more than 20% of work.
- Develop and manage vendor resource plans to support offshore activities
- Deliver success of the subsea tree, completion installation & well intervention activities, which is defined by safe, reliable, and competitive execution within operational performance targets.
- Manage costs and implement continuous improvement strategies.
- Respond to operational requirements, vendor quality issues, and vendor performance management.
- For non-SPS vendors, ensure they deliver Scope of Supply requirements for Rig/intervention activities.
- Monitor and manage performance thru ESQ2 system and building enduring management relationships within Vendors
- Provide input and feedback to vendor PRM’s
- Support training and development of all personnel, helping to build enduring capability.
- Engage with other Regional and Centralized Subsea teams to drive development, share lessons, monitor performance and drive continuous improvement plans
- Drive Efficiency, Standardization and Simplification within the Subsea discipline.
- Support the overall Subsea Wells Technical Plan and SPA for individual elements.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Offshore Engineering (or equivalent)
- 10 +years’ experience in subsea production systems and intervention equipment.
- Excellent understanding of Drilling, Completion, and Intervention activities and related open water subsea activities.
- Demonstration and track record of Safety and Operational Leadership.
- Excellent communication skills (English) both written and verbal and ability to effectively interface across multiple stakeholders.
- Strong interpersonal skills with experience influencing multi-discipline project teams and contractors
- Detailed understanding of API 6A , API17D, API-RP17G, ISO 13628-7
- Strong project management skills and able to deliver across multiple work fronts.
- Familiar in agile methods and open to try new ways of working.
- Awareness of subsea well capping and containment requirements and familiar with source control response planning.
Based in Aberdeen office. Occasional offshore supervision