Job DescriptionNES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client is currently seeking a Pipeline Supervisor in Hardisty, AB for a permanent role. This role is 5 on/ 2 off and relocation will be provided for the suitable candidate.
Reporting to the Supervisor Pipeline Operations, the Pipeline Operator’s role is responsible to perform tasks that support the safe and reliable operations and maintenance of the companies operating assets. The position is responsible for carrying out activities to support day to day maintenance, regulatory compliance and execution of maintenance and growth projects while ensuring the integrity of facility assets and operations.
- Supports the safe and reliable operation of the Pipelines.
- Understand the SCADA and controls of the facilities
- Conduct maintenance and repairs, equipment checks.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Asset Integrity and Maintenance:
- Asset and environmental management.
- Plan and execute minor facility modifications or upgrades, and piping and equipment integrity work.
- Submit projects and ideas to the budget process for potential implementation for the improvement of the Pipelines.
- Identify non-value-added expenses/costs and assist with elimination of waste in day-to-day operating costs.
- Provide hands-on assistance to maintenance personnel as required.
- Ensure all maintenance projects and work are carried out in a safe and efficient manner and compliant with all applicable regulations.
- Demonstrate a personal commitment and proactive approach to Environment Health and Safety (EH&S) through participation in all applicable EH&S programs and ensures safe operation of the assets and compliance with all Company EH&S policies and procedures.
- Own the Authorization to Work Program at their asset(s) and is aware of all work being performed in their respective location and identify any potential conflicts; work observations, inspections and other.
- Work with company Environmental & Regulatory Specialist to ensure all regulatory monitoring including groundwater, soil, and air is completed in a timely manner and meets all regulatory approval and provincial and federal requirements.
- Execute all ground disturbance requirements including the following activities:
- Processing of calls from Alberta One-Call or Saskatchewan 1st Call.
- Providing feedback to crossing, proximity, and temporary access agreements.
- Execute backfill supervision of third-party crossings as required.
- Provide emergency response, on-call support and relief coverage for facility management as required.
- Promote the Company’s strong safety culture by supporting EH&S related meetings, near miss, incident and compliance reporting and investigations.
- Functional technical skills with the ability to:
- Troubleshoot a broad spectrum of technical issues as it relates to pipelines as well as terminal · facilities (upstream and downstream).
- Effectively analyze and organize data with minimal supervision.
- Business acumen, understanding of budgets and operational cost management.
- People interpersonal skills with the ability to:
- Work collaboratively and effectively with functional areas, other operating areas and customers.
- Express ideas clearly, both in written and oral communication.
- Mentor, coach and develop direct reports, create a climate in which people want to do their best.
- Ability to prioritize assignments, deal with interruptions, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Outline specific skills required to carry out the accountabilities identified above. Be clear and concise. (Note: Education and experience should be noted in the Qualifications section). Refer to Instructions Document for examples. Represent and promote the company in a responsible, positive and professional manner.
- Self motivated, team player, able to work well under pressure.
- Work with our customer to ensure good relationships.
- High School Diploma is required
- Power Engineer – 4th class
- Post Secondary is an asset (Power Engineering, Petroleum tech, and or Trade)
- Experience in operations or maintenance in support of pipelines and crude oil processing (upstream and downstream) or terminal facilities.
- Will be required to participate in the SOLIS/training program for the appropriate operations level.
- Proficient in the use of PC and MS Office, including Word and Excel.
- Field based position with minimal travel to other operating sites or Calgary Head Office.
- Work involves hands-on support of active operations and maintenance in an outdoor environment
- Must be available to support outside normal work hours and on-call emergency response.
- Must reside within a 45-minute radius within the town of Hardisty
- Work schedule is 5 days on/2 days off shift, and will be on-call for evenings and weekends.
- This job is subject to pre-employment drug and alcohol testing as outlined in the organizations Drug & Alcohol policy.