Job holders at this level provide input and support to CD activities according to defined procedures and instructions, offering accurate and reliable analysis, while ensuring compliance to all internal/regulatory protocols.
Job holders at this level are entry-level professionals capable of operating with a certain degree of independence and work within guidelines and procedures.
- Execute assigned tasks ensuring that the expected deliverables are submitted within the defined timelines and are as per the quality requirements.
- Assist senior colleagues in their tasks to support in completion of activities.
- Assist in the due diligence activities in accordance with established methodologies and approaches as per the due diligence checklist.
- Contribute to the development of financial models, and assist in the analysis of the outputs of these models, in order to provide detailed analysis of financial returns and potential risk exposures.
- Assist in the development of reports and presentations pertaining to the investment opportunities, in order to evaluate the risk/return parameters of the acquisition, and to facilitate informed decision-making.
- Liaise with internal stakeholders from businesses and investments in order to gather data, discuss information analyses, and support comprehensive report development.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of strategic relationships with key external stakeholders to facilitate M&A matters.
- Assist in the negotiation and closure of deals to help achieve and secure the most optimal terms and value for the acquisition.
- Assist in post-M&A integration activities ensuring timely transition into normal operations.
- Keep up-to-date with market developments to develop basic understanding of various CD related products and principles.
- Actively seek and act upon opportunities to gain broad exposure to, and a deeper understanding of, CD practices, businesses and investments in order to develop one’s own capabilities.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the broader Oilfield services industry
- Perform other related duties or assignments as directed.
- Prepare IM & coordinate with banks and advisors
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor degree in Finance, Economics, or any similar discipline
- MBA or equivalent post-graduate qualification in Finance, Management, or any similar discipline from a recognized University
- Relevant Professional Qualification in Finance (e.g. CFA) is highly preferable
- 0 to 8 years of experience in corporate development, M&A, investment management or investment banking role
- Capability to apply basic financial modelling and analysis methodologies to support M&A transactions
- Good knowledge of M&A (including cross-border M&A) models, principles and practices
- Ability to run valuations using basic valuation methodologies and understand underlying assumptions/drivers
- Basic understanding of the Oilfield services sector and how companies (assets) in the sector operate and drive value
- Good attention to detail
- Good analytical capabilities and problem solving abilities
- Ability to work under pressure and under tight deadlines
- Good organization and communication skills