Job DescriptionNES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client, a large Oil and Gas operator, is currently seeking a Pipeline Engineer for a contract role in North York, Ontario. The individual must be local or have their own accommodations, as no LOA is given. The shift is Monday-Friday.
• Determine and implement new and existing Company policies, practices and procedures which may affect the planning, design, construction, and, maintenance areas of the Company
• Approve and certify design and operations procedures with an engineering stamp confirming that the design or procedure under review conforms to Government laws and regulations, Company policies and procedures, accepted engineering practice, and up holds public safety.
• Manage the completion of projects using engineering and project management principles. Responsible for all project management aspects from inception to completion. Projects are typically cross-functional and often require forming and leading cross-departmental teams
• Prepare reports, Technical Assessments, Material Specifications, or updates of Company manuals (e.g. Construction and Maintenance Manual, Planning, Design and Records Manual)
• Manage the evaluation approval process and implementation of new products, tools, and equipment, or technologies that are applicable to the Natural Gas distribution system. Typically, these require long term, large scale, complex projects based on business plans, which have a wide impact on operations
• Provide Engineering On-Call duties including and not limited to drawing reviews, compression coupling investigations and responding to requests from field staff • Complete engineering analysis on our distribution pipeline system that may require an understanding of operating practices, cost analysis, safety, stress analysis, fluid mechanics, metallurgy, plastic fusion, welding, or corrosion
• Provide technical consultation to corporate, regional departments, and junior engineering staff on complex engineering matters of policy, procedure, or practice. This requires detailed knowledge of codes and standards, regulations, materials, company policies and procedures and practices
• Provide project management support for significant pipeline construction projects. Project aspects to be considered include the planning, design, approval and procurement of materials, tendering, constructing, testing and commissioning of the pipelines or related facilities
• Registration as a Professional Engineer.
• Graduates of recognized Engineering programs in a discipline of Chemical, Mechanical or Civil Engineering
• Minimum 7 years industry experience
• Proven experience and understanding of pipeline design, pipelines systems codes and standards, construction practices, field operations, service procedures
• Previous project management experience
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Ability to mentor junior engineers and EIT’s through flexibility, building relationships, and demonstrated leadership
• Resource will need to be on-call once every 6 to 8 weeks.