Project Commercial Lead
A leading Omani Construction contracting company who has various serves lines including civil, Marine, Infrastructure and oil & gas is currently looking to hire a Project Commercial Lead to report directly to Corporate Commercial Manager.
· Review and administer contracts and contract changes, accurate preparation of monthly contract reviews and contractual claims.
· Provide oversight for valuing completed work and arranging payments;
· Performing risk, value management, cost control and cost forecasting;
· Preparing and submitting reports as per the Contract and internal requirements – to be reviewed by PM
· Providing correspondence on contractual matters;
· Lead negotiations with clients for all contract and commercial matters in terms of monthly valuations, variations, terms and conditions.
· Compilation, management and negotiations of contractual claims both up and downstream and able to undertake claims avoidance measures.
· To ensure all contract commercial operations are in accordance with the company’s procedures and policies.
· Co-operate & liaise with Project Manager to ensure sound commercial operation of all ongoing contracts to ensure successful financial outcomes of all operations.
· Co-operate with the Company’s Corporate Commercial Manager and provide regular updates.
· Manage, develop and support assigned contract and commercials subordinates.
· And any other job responsibilities given by the Line Manager and Functional Manager.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
· BSc. Quantity Surveying or BE graduate (Civil)
· 12+ years relevant experience in civil and infrastructure.
· Held previous roles such as Project Commercial Lead or Commercial Manager
· Excellent communication skills
· Fluent in written and spoken English
· Professional membership of a relevant recognized institute is advantageous (RICS, MCIarb, CIOB etc)
· Msc or LLM is advantageous
· 3+ years of working experience in the Middle East
· Good people management experience
· Previous field experience
· Experience of working on large scale construction projects
• Strategically important senior level role
• Lucrative full package on offer
• Prestigious project and career development